According to L G. Schiffman, “diffusion of innovation is the process of by which acceptance of an innovation (new product or new service or new idea) is spread by communication 9mass media, sales people, informal conversation) to members of the target market over a period of time”
. The Diffusion Process:
The diffusion process is concerned with how innovations spread & how they are assimilated with a market. C.M. Rogers has described the diffusion process in the form of normal distribution curve & similar to the product life cycle shown below:
It is logical to draw a correlation between the product life cycle & the diffusion process. Adoption and diffusion of any new product is slow process because accepted easily. The resistance to change can be taken care of by developing a suitable communication media for the new product.
The diffusion process depends on four factors:
- The innovation itself
- The communication process & channels used
- The time at which individuals decide to adopt the product &
- The various classes of consumers.
Latest posts by Jinall Bms Classes (see all)
- Logistics Management Prelims Question Paper 2015 - October 1, 2015
- Financial Management Prelims Question Paper 2015 - October 1, 2015
- Special Studies in Finance Prelims Question Paper 2015 - October 1, 2015