The internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to serve billions of users worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public academic, business, & government networks of local to global scope that are linked by a broad array of electronic & optical networking technologies. The internet carries a vast array of information resources & services, most notably the inter-linked hyper text documents of the World Wide Web (www) & the infrastructure to support electronic mail.
Uses of internet:
- To collect information
- Date transfer
The term electronic commerce (e-commerce) describes a variety of electronic platforms such as the sending of purchase orders to suppliers via electronic data interchange (EDI), the use of fax & e-mail to conduct transaction, the uses of ATMS & EFTOPS and smart cards to facilitate payment & obtain digital cash & THE USE OF INTERNET & online service.
Meaning of Ecommerce:
It means shopping on the internet called the World Wide Web.
- Components of E-commerce:
Objective of E-commerce:
- To build web sites to developed brands.
- To improve customer service
- To provide servicing at affordable price.
- To reduce supply cost, improve quality & fastest delivery of ordered goods.
- To excise overall control on hardware & software costs.
Classification of E-commerce:
It can be classified as:
- Business to business(B2B)
- Business to Consumer(B2C)
- Consumer to consumers(C2C)
- Consumer to Business(C2B)
- Business to Business(B2B)
This kind of e-commerce relates to a company buying or selling online.
- Business to Consumer(B2C):
This kind of e-commerce relates to selling goods & service directly to the consumers through Internet connection with rapid rise in computer literacy.
- Consumer to Consumer(C2C):
This kind of e-commerce relate to individual consumer preparing their own web site & entering into online transactions with other consumers.
- Consumer to Business(C2B):
It is a kind of e-commerce relates to conduct business by individual consumers online. The most popular approach is auction trading.
Latest posts by Jinall Bms Classes (see all)
- Logistics Management Prelims Question Paper 2015 - October 1, 2015
- Financial Management Prelims Question Paper 2015 - October 1, 2015
- Special Studies in Finance Prelims Question Paper 2015 - October 1, 2015