Life Cycle Cost Principle Advertisement A through economic analysis should account for the entire life cycle of material handling equipment and resulting systems. Life cycle cost includes all cash flows that occur between the time the first dollar is spent to plan a new material handling method...
The minimum level of inventory to cover some unforeseen or buffer stock Factors affecting choice of buffer stocks – Uncertainty is demand Degree of insurance for any item Uncertainty in lead time Size of batch Larger the uncertainty associated with any factor, larger should be the buffer stock.
ABC (Always Better Control) Analysis – Class A – constitutes 10% of total items and accounts for 75% of total money spend on inventories. Class B – constitute 15% of total items and accounts for 15% of total money spend on inventories. Class C – constitute 75% of total...
Typical assumptions made Annual demand (D), carrying cost (C) and Ordering cost (S) can be estimated Average inventory level is the fixed order quantity (Q) divided by 2 which implies i. No safety stock ii. Orders are received all at once iii. Demand occurs at a uniform rate iv. ...
Costs associated with ordering too much (represented by carrying costs) Costs associated with ordering too little (represented by ordering costs) These costs are opposing costs, i.e., as one increases the other decreases The sum of the two costs is the total stocking cost (TSC) Carrying (or holding) costs: sum...
Protection against fluctuation in demand Better use of 5 M’s Protection against fluctuation in output Control of stock volume Protecting against quality problems To ensure reliable delivery to customers Smoothing production flows Reducing input cost (purchase in advance of price increase)
Lack of integrated system approach – different functional managers tends to look at materials related decisions from their own narrow segmented sub system view point. For instance, production manager may want to minimize stock out while finance manager may like to minimize inventories. Many material management problems may be...
Primary objective low prices- to be lowest – includes transportation: enhances profit high inventory turnover- value of inventories to be low in relation to sales. reduces storage costs low cost acquisition and possession- reduced handling and storage costs. continuity of supply- alternative sources, , captive suppliers, flexible suppliers low...
PRODUCTION PLANNING SYSTEM A production planning system includes an equipment information data base, a product information data base, a quality historical information data base, an equipment priority calculation section, a line priority calculation section, a production history data base, and a production planning section. The equipment priority calculation...
Aim of Material Management To get The right quality Right quantity of supplies At the right time At the right place For the right cost Purpose of Material Management To gain economy in purchasing To satisfy the demand during period of replenishment To carry reserve stock...
Login or Register
- Prof. Vinay Pandit on
- Teacher’s Day 2014 SMS, Messages, Text Messages, Quotes, Wordings on
- What are the Types of Grading? on
- Technology: The Time Traveler! on
- Interview with Fazar Sharif, SYBMS Student, J.M. Patel College on
- Bigg Boss Season 8 Facebook Photos, WhatsApp HD Images, Wallpapers on
- Happy Rath Yatra 2014 SMS, Sayings, Quotes, Text Messages, Status For Facebook, WhatsApp Messages on
- Indian Super League Images, Photos, Wallpapers, Pictures For Facebook, WhatsApp 2014 on
- “Be positive and give your best” says Diljan Mansoor, S.I.W.S. TYBMS Topper 2013 on
- Area Sampling on
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! June 15, 2019
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 March 21, 2019