Hello guys! It’s been a long time since I wrote an article. I was busy in shifting my college and hence couldn’t get time to write the articles. So finally here I am! The topic for my article this time is pertaining to the above mentioned fact. i.e How to change your college if at all, you are not happy to be in the one you are. I did my FYBMS from K. J. Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce, Vidyavihar and shifted to Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management, Vile Parle for pursuing my SY and TY. I’ve been through the process of shifting the college and hence would like to guide you all too. These are some of the steps involved:
- Carry out a detailed study for the college you want to shift to and do not just rely on your friends.
- Ask the details about the college such as faculty, infrastructure, crowd, placements etc. to your seniors, faculty and your acquaintances who know about these things.
- Shift only if you think the college you wish to get shifted too, is worth it.
- Admissions to SY and TY are totally dependent on the number of seats vacant. It is not necessary that all colleges have vacant seats.
- First of all, have a talk with the BMS Co-ordinator of that college. Convey to him that you wish to apply in his college and enquire about vacant seats?
- If he/she tells you that they do have vacant seats, write a letter stating your personal details, your current college, your achievements and the reason for the shift and submit it along with the Xerox copies of your FY (Sem I and Sem II Marksheets) and your HSC Marksheet to the BMS Co-ordinator or the College Office.
- This should be preferably done in first or second week of May as most of the colleges declare their results during this period.
- Once this is over, there’s no other option than waiting for the call. If you don’t get a call within 15-20 days, I would recommend that you go to the college and talk to the professor in-charge personally to check the status of your application.
- If at all, you get a call, go there that very day or the next day to get the application form and ask the details in the office.
- You may also have to face an interview with the co-ordinator or the principal. Make sure you stay confident and answer all their questions satisfactorily.
- You will then have to first, cancel the admission in your current college and apply for an NOC (No Objection Certificate) which usually takes upto 7-8 days to process. Inform your desired college about the same.
- Once you cancel the admission and get an NOC, rush to the college and complete the procedure by paying the fees.
Latest posts by Hoshang Pathak (see all)
- 10 Excuses for being late to a class - July 19, 2012
- Tips for a Rocking start to your FYBMS College Life! - June 28, 2012
- How to change your college after FY/SYBMS? - June 28, 2012