VEHICULAR MEDIA / TRANSPORT MEDIA:
One of the most mobile mean of communication to the target audience by advertisers is the vehicular or the transit media. This refers to the painting or stickers posted on the vehicles with keep moving in the city or in an area of appeal of the advertised product.
Buses, taxis, auto-rickshaws carry the advertise message at a very nominal price.
Advantages of advertisement on the vehicular media:
- Comparatively cheap & records for a higher exposures.
- It works as a strong reinforcement of the brand name.
- Bright colours & creativity can catch the attention of the passers in a powerful way putting the message to an advantage.
- Commuters get enough time inside the bus and trains as well as the passengers waiting at the bus stop or at railway station to read the message.
- Since the vehicles are moving, more number of exposures can be generated.
Disadvantages of advertisement on the vehicular media:
- People have raised objection against the vehicular advertisement as it distract the attention of the people driving on the road.
- Since the vehicles move at a speed. The advertised message may not be read by the people.
- This media dose not focus on a particular audience group.