Functions of An Advertising Agency:
The functions of an ad agency depend upon its nature, size & internal organization. Broadly speaking, the functions of modern ad agency may be classified into the following five heads viz.
- Account functions
- Creative functions
- Marketing functions
- Management & Finance functions
- Other functions
- Account functions:
The account executive performs the following functions:
- Preparing advertising plan for the client.
- Preparing advertising plan budget of the client.
- Creative Functions:
The creative department performs the following functions:
- Copy writing
- Art work
- Production of ads
- Marketing Functions:
The agency provides the following marketing functions:
- Media planning function
- Research function
- Sales promotion function
- Direct mail function
- Product analysis function
- Trade promotion function
- Management & finance functions:
The vice-president is in charge of the management & finance department. He performs the following functions:
- Management of accounts.
- Finance management &
- Office management of an ad agency
- other Functions:
- attracting new accounts and
- Public Relations.