BMS.co.in offers an opportunity for BMS students to prepare for Semester 3 examinations. Try our free model question paper on Principles of Marketing subject today and achieve success in your main exams.
- Attempt any 10 questions.
- Each question carries 7.5 marks
- Duration – 2.5 hours
Principles of Marketing Practice Question Paper 1:
- Discuss the factors to be considered in selecting an appropriate promotion mix.
- With examples, explain promotional pricing and differentiated pricing.
- Is it desirable to eliminate middlemen? Justify with reasons.
- Elaborate the 5 different marketing management orientations.
- Describe the Boston Consulting Group’s approach to portfolio analysis using relevant examples from the Indian context.
- Discuss the major set of variables that might be used in segmenting consumer markets.
- Explain the concept of product life cycle.
- Which segmenting variable (s) do you recommend for a quick service pizza chain?
- What stage of the PLC is the following product in the Indian context? What marketing strategies would you recommend for it – 3 Dimensional Televisions for home or DVD video players (DVD video player is a consumer video format used to store digital video on DVD discs).
- Edigitals is a middle class brand of household electrical and electronic items such as mixies / food processors, blenders, hair dryers, etc. It is planning a foray into the Delhi market. Recommend an appropriate channel level for Edigitals giving reasons.
- Urja is a tea based beverage with tea leaves, jiggery, chicory and tapioca as its primary ingredients. Urja was launched after extensive consumer research which revealed that the country’s low income consumers cannot afford popular priced teas. Moreover, this segment consumes tea frequently to assuage hunger. The ingredients tapioca and jiggery are an important source of carbohydrates while chicory is already widely used by the coffee industry. Suggest an appropriate promotion mix for Urja. Justify with appropriate reasoning.
- Suggest an appropriate promotion mix for domestic room heaters / radiators. Justify with appropriate reasoning.
- Explain the following terms with an example of a multi product company operating in India – product mix, width of product mix, product line, length of product line, depth of product line.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019