Every new day is a new effort and a new set of lessons learnt; it’s just 4 pm, barely 50% of my working day has passed but I got acknowledged, humiliated and spoken to with utmost hostility by a few college coordinators over telecon.
I choose to think about those who acknowledged and respected me, not being too philosophical, but I don’t have a choice do I? 😛 Sarcasm of the poor soul aside, the one’s who responded make me want to have a long standing relation with their college because their positivism over the call was contagious.
Ooh for those of you who are unaware, this is my work blog, where I blog about my roller coaster ride of experiences as the ‘Manager in Making’, and give you an insight to what it’s like working with BMS.co.in as their Content Manager!
This week we are focusing on getting some amazing candidates who will add up to our current batch of rock-star interns, to do so we circulated the internship message to coordinators, student’sand CR’s. We also posted it on our website and all our social media channels and the kind of response we have received is outstanding.
Thanking the BMS Co-ordinators from S.I.W.S. College (Wadala), Patuck Gala College of Commerce and Management (Santacruz East), Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College (Ghatkopar), Thakur College of Science and Commerce, (Kandivali East), Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College (Ghatkopar), Bunts Sangha Anna Leela College (Kurla East), Malini Kishor Sanghvi College of Commerce and Economics, (Vile Parle -West), KPB Hinduja College (New Charni Road) and IMCOST (Thane) for their helpful response towards this internship.
The responses we have received in these past two days are amazing and I am really looking forward to working with all of them, Deval Joshi says he plans to work hard, Jasneet Sethi wants to join to learn Social Media Merketing, Carren’s enthusiasm is something I look forward to while Amrita, Shraddha and Lalit are still pondering over which internship to choose.
Fareen Shaikh an active member of the Whatsapp Topper’s group has applied for content writing while Dhiren, Chanchal and Sana’s responses for SMM have me super geared up towards this internship. Look’s like BMS.co.in is goping to have some really good interns working with us starting this week!
Summing up Yesterday Quickly:
1. Created my very first work-blog post: [email protected] – The Manager In Making!
2. Spoke with my interns and had a few procedures set.
3. Gave Bhumi her task list and helped her in understanding how to go about it.
4. Mailed all the participants of the ‘#I Am An Author Contest’ and spoke with them regarding the internship opportunities: #IAmAnAuthor Online Writing Contest at YOUR College
5. Mammoth Task of the Day, created a refined structure for the Content writing internship, yes 1250 words without a break with no copy paste, no rework each point having an image and a lot of editing, phew! Well rewards of perseverance are always fulfilling and my article was just that, so no complaints there! Do Check it out and tell me if I missed out on anything:Content Writing Internship Program Details
6. My interns churned out a total of 8 articles and Parvathy Ma’am found mistakes in all 8, so it was very very disappointing on that front.
What I Learnt, From Yesterday’s Tasks:
1. You feel you have worked a lot, unless you take a step back and have a look at the big picture – that is when you will realize how much more you need to work to get to where you desire.
2. Having a structure is very important, any task conducted in a haphazard manner takes you away from success.
3. Teaching someone all you know is a wonderful feeling, keeping knowledge bottled up will give you nothing but a head full of pride!
4. Never leave any door closed, you never know opportunity might knock from anywhere- in this case good interns might come from any college.
5. Writing should never be treated as anything but passion, nothing but passion and a sense of fulfillment can drive you to work extremely hard and try to one up your own past records.
6. Disappointment is a part of everyday life, focusing on ‘HOW’ you can improve rather than ‘WHY’ the same issues always, might help me get better results today!
Latest posts by Ami Pandya (see all)
- Mumbai Matters News – Print And Social Media Partner - April 23, 2015
- Everything you need to know about ‘Fests.info’ our Online Media Partner! - April 23, 2015
- Awesome Study Guide For You To Score Maximum In Production And Material Management - December 1, 2014