Doesn’t this word horrifies us anytime we hear it? Presentation, Projects, Assignments are all activities which helps every student in getting marks which are meant for them to score easily. But anytime we are told we are supposed to do a presentation, or a project our first reaction is always “AHHH NOOO.” Few out of all the students are excited souls but most of them don’t really enjoy the project making process.
Presentation– In a presentation normally a group of 5-8 people is made and they are allotted a topic on which they have to work. Group is either made by the professor or the professor allows the students to make the groups on their own. When groups are made by the students it will of course consist of all the friends and the end result will either be very creative or it will be a total waste. While the other way round if the group is made by the professor at first we aren’t happy with the team members but once all become comfortable they work together. Following tips which one should follow to deliver an effective presentation before the class as well as the professor:-
- Reduce the number of slides in your project / PowerPoint presentation- the less number of slides the less chaotic it will look.
- Choose the correct font- choose a font which would enable your classmates even from far.
- Don’t use disturbing sound- some sound as of a click of chime is acceptable but don’t do the mistake of inserting sounds of hammer or bomb.
- Use of limited animation and graphics- don’t overdo anything, try to keep things simple but creative and therefore, do not use excess animations and graphics.
- Make use of charts, pictures and diagrams- show diagrams wherever necessary. Rather than making it a boring presentation by just showing informational text everywhere try to use pictures, charts and diagrams in your ppt.
- Contrast background- use contrast colors for background and the font and not your favorite color so that it looks good. Standard colors such as black on white are always easily accepted and don’t look dramatic as it is a presentation and not a wedding invitation!
- Dress appropriately- one thing the presenter should remember is his/her dressing style. Formal clothing is advised.
- Practice- don’t mug your presentation rather practice it with the whole group 2-3 times.
- Feel confident- people you are surrounded with aren’t some executives or top level managers, they are classmates and so don’t become nervous and try to remain as normal possible.
- Be audible- calm yourself patiently, start your presentation. Be louder and let everyone know your skills as well as understand what you are trying to explain them.
These tips would definitely help you if you believe in yourself and decide to rock your presentation under any circumstance!
Latest posts by Afifa Qureshi (see all)
- She Was Unable To Express Her Emotions And Then She Found Something That Is Not Only Wonderful But Also Unique - May 27, 2015
- Bhavishyavani Is That By 2020, All Your ‘Smart’ Friends Are Going To Ruin Your Life - May 27, 2015
- Don’t Hate Me If I Truly Believe That Shahrukh Khan And Deepika Padukone Are The Most Popular Celebrities Across The Globe - May 27, 2015