Over the past decades or so, India has emerged as an attractive destination for off-shore outsourcing. Many fortunes 500 companies have either outsourced their processes to India or set up their own captive centers in the country.
- Outsourcing is contracting with another company or person to do a particular function.
- The benefit of off-shore outsourcing & particularly software services outsourcing to India are many.
- Big companies like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, Prudential, Hewlett Packard (HP), Trans Union, Bell South, EDS, GE, Qwest, Dell Computer Support, along with 230 fortune 1000 companies outsource to India.
- The BPO boom has helped developing countries like India in a major way by creating quality job opportunities in turn benefiting the Indian economy.
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) :
- BPO is the process of hiring another company to handle business activities for you.
- BPO is also referred to as ITES – information technology enabled services, sourcing, global outsourcing, rightsourcing, rightshoring, nearshoring, bestshoring, offshoring.