Love those dimples on Priety Zinta’s face and find her adorable, you like those models or actresses coming in TV commercials endorsing different face wash brands or creams. Do you envy actresses looking stunning and glamorous? Don’t just try those face packs, facials, bleach, face washes, etc. You don’t really have to spend money for a glowing skin. All you need to do is devise some time daily for yourself.
Drinking plenty of water, eating right fruits, being stress free, sleeping well, etc are a few things which can be followed daily and are the basic criteria’s for a healthy skin. Yoga has emerged and helps to soothe and calm one’s mind and soul. Yoga helps to get a glow on the face and enhances ones looks.
Here are some yoga tips for Healthy skin:-
- Practice asanas (yoga postures) which help increase blood circulation to the head and face area. Some examples are Cobra Pose, Fish Pose, Plow Pose, Shoulder Stand, Triangle Pose, and Child Pose. These postures also increase oxygenation to the system; as such are called chest openers. All inverted postures and forward bends, which increase blood supply to the head, can help achieve clean, glowing skin.
- For some women, acne usually gets more problematic in summer, especially with women who have an oily skin. Cooling pranayamas (breathing exercises), such as Sheetali and Sheetkari, can help provide a cooling effect to the skin and retain its glow. Also, learn the Jalneti technique at Sri Sri Yoga and practice it every day. It facilitates physical and emotional cleansing. The Shankh Prakshalan process taught at the course is also very effective in this regard. Make sure to do it once every six months.
- To improve the digestive process, try doing Wind-Relieving Posture (Pavanamuktasana), Kneeling Pose (Vajrasana), Bow Pose (Dhanurasana), Nadi Shodhan pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing), and Kapal Bhati pranayama (Skull-Shining Breathing Technique), on empty stomach. Kapal Bhati, an effective detoxifying technique, is aptly named so as Kapal means forehead and Bhati means glowing. Through forceful exhalation in this process, detoxification happens, the first effect of which shows in the form of naturally glowing skin.
- Meditate twice a day, every day. The more you do, the more you will radiate from within and without. Who needs makeup then? Meditation will be your natural make-up that lasts long and makes you look beautiful!
- Practice at least 20 minutes of facial yoga exercises everyday at home. These will help tighten the face muscles. Massage your jaws to reduce stress, massage your eyebrows for a dose of instant relaxation, try the ‘kiss and smile technique’ (push out your lips as though to kiss a baby and then smile as broadly as you can) to exercise your face muscles. To naturally remove toxins from the system, doing some fast-paced yoga exercises such as quick rounds of Surya Namaskar which make you perspire is also a good idea.
Regular walking and laughing also add to the glow on ones skin. They act as boosters and are natural agents for a healthy skin. Stay healthy and happy!
– Anjani M Nautiyal