2 ½ Hours Ganesha Classes Total Marks:75
N.B.: 1) All Questions are compulsory
2) All Questions carries equal marks.
Q.1. Attempt any two: (15)
- a) Explain in detail logistics performance cycle.
- b) Enumerate importance of supply chain management.
- c) Explain the elements of customer service.
Q.2. Attempt any two: (15)
- a) Compare road and rail transport
- b) Write a short note on warehouse design criteria.
- c) How packaging helps in cost reduction?
Q.3. Attempt any two: (15)
- a) Write a short note on inventory functionality
- b) What are the different methods available for improving inventory management performance of an organization?
- c) What are the principles of LIS?
Q.4. Attempt any two: (15)
- a) What are the objectives of performance measurement?
- b) What are the different transportation network options?
- c) Write short note on golden quadrilateral
Q.5. M/s ABC Pvt. Ltd. (ABCPL) is situated in Lonavla near Pune. The company supplies wheel assemblies to a leading manufacture, M/s BA Ltd. (BAL) at Pune for the past three years. Wheel assembly is made up of various parts rim, hub, spokes, tyre, tube, value, etc. ABCPL makes rims & spokes at their Lonavla plant & purchase other required individual components form various suppliers & assemblies all of them at their factory. It then supplies the finished product to BAL.
The “air value” of the wheel assembly has always been causing problem to ABCPL. They frequently run into stock-out of this item. ABCPL do not observe any scientific technique for controlling inventory flow of various items. They order the required items of inventory as &when the demands for the items arise using judgement techniques. As a result, while stock out of key items was frequent, excess of other items was a common features.
Air value are not manufactured ABCPL. Hence, many times delays occur in arranging for supply of required quantity of wheel assemblies to BAL. this, in turn, results in a substantial revenue loss to ABCPL since, as per the agreement signed between ABCPL & BAL, BAL can levy penalties towards delays in the supply of required quantity of wheel assemblies.
The information gathered from ABCPL regarding air valves is as follows:
The average lead time for procurement is one week.
Average demand is 1000 units per week
Safety stock is assumed to be 1000 units
Q.1 Discuss various logistical alternatives in which ABCPL can reduce logistical costs imposed by BAL.(06)
Q.2 Calculate the Re-order Level for air valve from available information (03)
Q.3How can the ROL calculated as above help ABCPL avoid stock outs? (06)
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019