2 ½ Hours Ganesha Classes Total Marks: 75
N.B.: 1) Q.1. to Q.4. having internal option.
2) All Questions are compulsory
3) Write new questions on new Page, continue sub-question from same page.
Q.1. Attempt any TWO – (15)
- a) Explain the function and Purposes of HRM.
- b) Explain the factor affecting HR Planning.
- c) What do you mean by outsourcing? Explain its Advantage and disadvantages?
Q.2. Attempt any TWO – (15)
- a) What is Job Design? Explain the factor affecting the Job design? b) State and explain the types of test used in selection process.
- c) What is training? What are the purpose of giving training to employees?
Q.3. Attempt any TWO – (15)
- a) Explain the various method of Performance Appraisal.
- b) What is Compensation management? Explain Employees Compensation Salary Slip.
- c) What is succession planning? Explain its merits and demerits.
Q.4. Attempt any TWO – (15)
- a) Explain Worker participative management through quality circles.
- b) Explain briefly different approaches to industrial relations.
- c) Discuss the Functions and objectives of Trade Unions.
Q.5. Case study: (15)
Mr. Anthony is the chief executive of a medium sized chemical co. in Hyderabad. He holds a Ph.D in chemistry. However, he has not been involved in search and development of new products for two decades. Though turnover is not a problem for the company, Mr. Anthony and his senior colleagues noticed that the workers on hourly basis are not working up to their full potential. It is a well known fact that they filled their days with unnecessary and unproductive activities. Mr. Anthony knew that workers can be motivated for giving maximum performance through various incentive plans.
One day Mr. Anthony contacted personal manager and enquired. “Why our workers are not motivated? we pay them highest in the industry’. The personal manager replied. “I have already informed you a number of times, that money, working conditions and benefits are not enough. Hard work and efficiency go unnoticed and unrewarded in our organization. Our promotions and benefit plans are tied to length of service. Even the lazy workers, accordingly, enjoy. All the benefits in the organization, which in fact, according to the workers, should go only to those who work hard”.
Mr. Anthony then wanted the personnel manager to look into the problem more closely and find out a solution to the problems of workers on hourly basis.
- List the important facts in the case. (05)
- Explain the motivational problem in this case. (05)
- If you were the manager, how would you motivate the employees so that they work better? (05)
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019