There might be only a few people who does not know about tech giant- Google. All of us have and are using the Google search as well as various Google products such as Gmail, G+, Youtube, Google Maps, Google Drive etc. Here are some of the interesting facts which you might not know (not in any specific order):
1. When Google was a startup, it had to change its phone number.
Larry Page, CEO and co-founder of Google told Harry McCracken a good anecdote about early Google history, with a moral about the power of the web:
We were in a small office on University Ave. in Palo Alto and we had maybe less than 30 people there, or something like that. And we already had millions of users. We’d accidentally published our phone number on our website, and our phone number was just unusable. We had to get a new one then, because people just started calling us.
And there’s only 30 of us. We couldn’t even answer the phone for millions of people. But we could run a website. And I think that shows you the incredible multiplication factors you can get with technology. You can easily run a website for millions of people with a small group. But you can’t run a phone number with that many people.
Google believed that they should Allow their Employees to work on their own projects in the 20% time of Working hours for more creativity and Employee satisfaction and Orkut and more than 50% of Google’s Projects are fruit of this Policy and they still use this thing in the company.
Google takes over 200 factors into account before delivering you the best results to any query in a fraction of a second.
There are more than 2 million Google searches per second.
Most of the Google users don’t know about this Button and Never used it but Somehow Google Looked like Incomplete and User experience reduced when they tried to remove it and they decided to keep it. Google actually Loses about $100 Million in revenues because when user presses this Button it shows no ads and takes user to first webpage on the Results Page.
6. Google takes on moonshots projects that could change the world for millions of people. However, it also takes on important projects that only matter to a small number of people: In 2012, Google introduced the Cherokee language in Gmail.
7. Google Doodle.
Larry Page and Sergey Brin made the first Google Doodle in August 1998. They were heading to Burning Man in the Nevada desert, and wanted people to know where the Google crew would be for a few days, so they added the festival’s logo.
8.Google’s search index is more than 100 million gigabytes in size. It would take 100,000 one-terabyte personal drives to contain the same amount of data.
Google has photographed more than 5 million miles of road for its Street View maps.
10. Google might be the only company with the explicit goal to reduce the amount of time people spend on its site.
11. Google has acquired 24 companies this year alone — that’s about three companies a month.
- Watch Alia Bhatt’s Hilarious Response To Internet Jokes On Her Intelligence - August 27, 2014
- Interesting Facts About Google - August 27, 2014
- Amazing Tips For Your Next Rocking Presentation - August 27, 2014