Wish to try something bewitching for your next party? Get your hair tongs out and by keeping in mind the steps below achieve a gorgeous updo which is all set to change your look and give you a sultry makeover.
Here is the step by step process to achieve gorgeous, bouncy curls with a hot tong:-
Before you get started on curling with a hot tong, it is important that you have smoothed out hair.
Also, feel free to apply a volumising spray or lotion to achieve a more defined curl.
1) Adjust the heat of the curling tong according to the texture of the hair.
2) Coarse hair = high heat.
3) Fine hair = medium heat.
How to get started:-
1. Section the bottom portion of the hair from ear to ear, and clip the remaining hair out of the way. You will then divide the hair further depending on how much curl you want.
2. Place the tongs halfway down the hair and start to turn the hair in the direction of the curl.
3. Release the clamp slowly with your fingers or thumb to allow the barrel of the tongs to collect more hair. At the same time, wind the tongs towards the scalp. Do not fully release the clamp or you will lose all the hair.
4. Repeat this process making sure that you get the hair all the way to the ends. Allow 3-5 seconds for the hair to heat and set. Release the clamp of the tongs and remove from the hair.
5. Now create another section. One inch higher than the last. Again, split the section further down the centre and then start following the same curling process. Remember, the less hair you wind around the curling tong, the more curl you hair will have.
6. Take another section approximately one inch, that will span the diameter around the head. Clip the rest of the hair away. Work from the front of your face to the back of your head. Take a section. Again, the size of the section will depend on how much curl you want.
7. Place the hot tongs halfway down the hair, and start to turn the hair in the direction of the curl. Following the same process, release the clamp slowly with your fingers or thumb to allow the barrel of the tong to collect more hair. At the same time, wind the tongs towards your scalp.
8. Repeat this process making sure to gather all the hair all the way down to the ends. Allow 3-5 seconds for the hair to heat and set. Release the clamp of your tongs and remove from your hair.
9. Work back horizontally from the crown, taking approximately one-inch sections. Follow the steps described above. Use touch to determine whether the hair is hot enough all the way through.
10. Determine where your part line will be. If you want the curls off your face, direct the curling tong backwards. However, if you want the curls on your face, direct the curling tongs forwards. Follow the steps described above on the hair around your part line.
And here you succeed in creating salon-quality curls at home.Look sexy, feel confident!