How Can BMSites Make A Difference In The World?
In today’s business scenario, the importance of management and managers has been realised. A business cannot survive without management because management is its means of support. The success of any business depends heavily on the effectiveness of its managers. Good managers need to make the right decisions and ensure the business is able to exploit any opportunities open to it. At the same time, good managers protect the business by anticipating and acting against any threats to its welfare.
The importance of management in business is universally accepted. It acts as a driving force in business. Modern business is highly competitive and need efficient and capable management. It is through management that business activities are organized and conducted efficiently and objectives are achieved.
Management is concerned with acquiring maximum prosperity with minimum efforts. Management is essential wherever group efforts are required to be directed towards achievements of common goals. Management deals with human beings whose behaviour is highly unpredictable. Ever since people began forming groups to achieve goal, they could not achieve as individuals. Managing has been essential to provide the coordination of individual’s efforts. Management is found in every walk of life.
Management does not perform specific jobs. It motivates other people to perform specific jobs. Management is not doing the work but getting the work done through the effort of others. Management brings together basic resources popularly known as 6 M’s – Men, Material, Machines, Methods, Money and Market.
BMS gives you the right knowledge and skills which shapes you into becoming an effective manager in the business world. During your BMS degree you’ll develop a broad knowledge of business operations as well as gaining targeted skills in your specific field, such as customers, markets, finance, operations, strategy, business policy, communications and IT. You’ll typically also be challenged to explore these fields within an international context, though in some cases it will be advantageous to specialize in their application within a particular country or world region.
You can also expect to gain many valuable transferable skills, which can be put to use in both everyday life or if you decide to take a completely different career path. The skills gained from a business degree are likely to include:
- An understanding of how organizations operate.
- Strong communication skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Decision making.
- Logical thinking.
- Presentation and report writing skills.
- Numeracy and an understanding of how to interpret and use financial data.
- Self-motivation, initiative and effective time management.
- Project and resource management.
- A close understanding of economic fluctuations and other external changes affecting business.
These qualities and skills will prepare you to excel in the Business environment. After finishing the course of 3 years of BMS, you can make a difference by the following ways,
- You can start your own business or take over your family business.
- You can write papers and findings on management and business. These papers will help a lot of people who are interested in this subject.
- You can give training to young students and help them excel in their field.
- You can teach students in college and improve their skills.
- You can help NGOs and other organizations in managing and marketing their cause to the world.
Hence, management is a much needed post in an organization and BMS will give you a lot of career opportunities and help you shine.
By Rhea Shetty.