S. K. SOMAIYA COLLEGE OF ARTS, SCIENCE AND COMMERCE
TYBMS Sem-V PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION OCT-2014
Time: 2½ hours Marks: 75
Subject: Business Ethics
NOTE: 1) All questions are COMPULSORY. 2) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
|Q.I) Answer the following questions (any two):||(15)|
- What is business ethics? Explain features of business ethics.
- Explain the concept of altruism and corporate code of conduct.
- Distinguish between ethics and legality.
|Q.2) Answer the following questions (any two)||(15)|
- What are the ethical problems in advertising?
- What are the ethical issues in employment?
- What are the ethical issues in IT?
|Q.3) Answer the following questions (any two)||(15)|
- What is corporate governance? Explain its features.
- Explain the role of CEO.
- What are the various rights of share holder and investors?
|Q.4) Answer the following questions (any two)||(15)|
- Explain the concept of CSR explain its importance .
- Write a note on csr in organization.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of local community in business.
|Q.5) CASE STUDY||(15)|
On January 1, 2009, Nokia India, the Indian arm of the world’s leading mobile phone company, Nokia Corporation (Nokia), announced its ‘Take-back’ campaign, aimed at educating mobile phone users about the importance of recycling e-waste . On the occasion of the launch of the initiative, D. Shivakumar, Managing Director, Nokia India, said, “If every Nokia user recycled just one unused phone, the discarded phone will live on in something new, as the material is used to make items like park benches, utensils etc.”
Nokia first launched Take-back campaign in 2005 in Finland before which it ran pilot projects in the UK and Sweden during the late 1990s.
Questions for Discussion:
- Critically analyze Nokia’s Take-back initiative.
- Do you think Nokia’s Take-back initiative received good response in India? What should Nokia’s strategy be to create awareness about recycling e-waste among Indian consumers?
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019