S. K. SOMAIYA COLLEGE OF ARTS, SCIENCE AND COMMERCE
TYBMS Sem-V PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION OCT-2014
Time: 2½ hours Marks: 75
Subject: Business Ethics
NOTE: 1) All questions are COMPULSORY. 2) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
Q.1) Answer the following questions (any two):
- Define business ethics. Explain its need and importance.
- Bring out the role and responsibilities of entrepreneur and manager
- Write a note on profit making with an ethical dimension.
Q.2) Answer the following questions (any two):
- Explain in detail the concepts of purusharthas.
- What is environmental ethics? Explains its revelance for business firms.
- Explain ethics in global marketing and advertising with suitable examples.
Q.3) Answer the following questions (any two):
- Explain what is corporate governance? Explain its objectives.
- Write a note on Cadbury committee report.
- Explain various rights rights of share holders.
Q.4) Answer the following questions (any two):
- Explain the meaning of csr. Explain scope of csr.
- Write a note on sustainable development and triple bottom line.
- Explains various measure to be take in for safety and security of employees.
Q.5) Read the following CASE carefully and answer the questions.
In April 2008, the world’s largest steel producer ArcelorMittal announced that it would spend a whopping US$500 million toward corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the two states in India where it was setting up multi-billion dollar projects. The two projects, which marked the entry of ArcelorMittal in India, were expected to displace thousands of families belonging to the small farmer and tribal communities from their lands. The company contended that integrating plant management with CSR would help it to earn the trust of the communities and also quell any potential resistance against the project by farmers and communities who feared loss of their livelihood following land acquisition by big companies.
Questions for Discussion:
- Discuss the challenges before ArcelorMittal in setting up its multi-billion dollar projects in India.
- Discuss the probable reason for ArcelorMittal’s decision to spend such a huge amount towards CSR in India. Do you think that the company’s decision to integrate plant management with CSR would help it gain the trust of the communities and quell any potential resistance against the project? Give reasons for your answer.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019