1) Give brief account of the following: (15 marks)
a) Transit advertising
b) Out of Home Advertising
c) Importance of the Internet as tool of IMC
d) Differentiate between brand Image and brand positioning
e) Define GRP, CPRP and BDI.
2) Case Study –
Amul Image Makeover to attract the Youth
Amuls tongue-in-cheek advertisements have always been popular. Through a multi-media campaign Amul intends to change its image and target the youth. The dull and conservative image associated with Amul products has to be rubbed off the minds of the youth.
As a strategy, Amul has decided to communicate with the new generation more aggressively than ever before. So the $2 billion brand is working on pack designs, product positioning and event promotions of Amul butter, Amul Ghee and Amul Ice-cream to target the 18-22 age groups, which forms 51% of Indian consumer. The brand has announced its sponsorship of the Sauber Formula 1 team in the forthcoming Airtel India Grand Prix, the first ever Formula 1 race in the country.
Amul is moving fast by communicating with the youth in the language they understand and doing things that appeal to them. So, be it repositioning an orthodox diary product like ghee, Amul butter and Amul icecreams, the company is doing everything for the youth eyeballs and wallets. Backing of the young generation will be key for Amul to achieve its target of becoming a $3-billion brand by the end of this fiscal and joining the ranks of Nestle, Danone, Lactalis and Fonterra as an international diary major.
Amul has now realized that being youthful necessarily does not means you are shedding away your legacy. Amul enjoy 90% market share in the Indian butter market, 80% in cheese, 40% in ice-cream and 25% share in the pouched milk market. It spends less than 1% of its turnover on marketing and has always bet on umbrella branding.
a) Suggest an appropriate STP strategy for Amul (8 marks)
b) Suggest any 2 IMC tools to promote Amul to youth (7 marks)
3) What are the factors that Media Planners must consider while formulating the media plan? Explain various media scheduling strategies. (10 marks)
4) Explain with examples various sales promotion tools for consumers. (10 marks)
5) Explain in detail with examples various factors affecting consumer behavior. (10 marks)
6) Write short notes on any 2 (10 marks)
a) Five M’s of Advertising
b) Explain the functions of advertising agency
c) Traditional response Hierarchy models.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019