Innovative Financial Services – Revised TYBMS Syllabus 2016
Modules at a Glance
|SN||Modules||No. of Lectures|
|1||Introduction to Traditional Financial Services||15|
|2||Issue Management and Securitization||15|
|3||Financial Services and its Mechanism||15|
|4||Consumer Finance and Credit Rating||15|
Innovative Financial Services – Syllabus Overview
|1||Introduction to Traditional Financial Services|
|a) Financial Services:
• Concept, Objectives/Functions, Characteristics, Financial Service Market, Financial Service Market Constituents, Growth of Financial Services in India, Problems in Financial Services Sector, Banking and Non-Banking Companies, Regulatory Framework
b) Factoring and Forfaiting:
• Introduction, Types of Factoring, Theoretical Framework, Factoring Cost, Advantages and Disadvantages of Factoring, Factoring in India, Factoring v/s Forfaiting, Working of Forfaiting, Benefits and Drawbacks of Forfaiting, Practical Problems.
c) Bill Discounting:
• Introduction, Framework, Bill Market Schemes, Factoring V/s Bill Discounting in Receivable Management.
|2||Issue Management and Securitization|
|a) Issue Management and Intermediaries:
• Introduction, Merchant Bankers/ Lead Managers, Underwriters, Bankers to an Issue, Brokers to an Issue
b) Stock Broking:
• Introduction, Stock Brokers, SubBrokers, Foreign Brokers, Trading and Clearing/Self Clearing Members, Stock Trading ( Cash and Normal) Derivative Trading
• Definition, Securitization v/s Factoring, Features of Securitization, Pass Through Certificates, Securitization Mechanism, Special Purpose Vehicle, Securitisable Assets, Benefits of Securitization, New Guidelines on Securitization
|3||Financial Services and its Mechanism|
|a) Lease and Hire-Purchase:
• Meaning, Types of Lease – Finance Lease, Operating Lease, Advantages and Disadvantages of Leasing, Leasing in India, Legal Aspects of Leasing.
b) Housing Finance:
• Introduction, Housing Finance Industry, Housing Finance Policy Aspect, Sources of Funds, Market of Housing Finance, Housing Finance in India- Major Issues, Housing Finance in India – Growth Factors, Housing Finance Institutions in India, National Housing Bank (NHB), Guidelines for Asset Liability Management System in HFC, Fair Trade Practice Code for HFC’s, Housing Finance Agencies
c) Venture Capital:
• Introduction, Features of Venture Capital, Types of Venture Capital Financing Stages, Disinvestment mechanisms, Venture Capital Investment process, Indian Scenario
|4||Consumer Finance and Credit Rating|
|a) Consumer Finance:
• Introduction, Sources, Types of Products, Consumer Finance Practice in India, Mechanics of Consumer Finance, Terms, Pricing, Marketing and Insurance of Consumer Finance, Consumer Credit Scoring, Case for and against Consumer Finance
b) Plastic Money:
• Growth of Plastic Money Services in India, Types of Plastic Cards- Credit cardDebit Card- Smart card- Add-on Cards, Performance of Credit Cards and Debit Cards, Benefits of Credit Cards, Dangers of Debit Cards, Prevention of Frauds and Misuse, Consumer Protection. Indian Scenario.
c) Credit Rating:
• Meaning, Origin, Features, Advantages of Rating, Regulatory Framework, Credit Rating Agencies, Credit Rating Process, Credit Rating Symbols. Credit Rating Agencies in India, Limitations of Rating
Reference books for subject: Innovative Financial Services
|Innovative Financial Services : ~|
|1. IM Pandey, Financial Management, Vikas Publishing House Ltd.
2. Khan M.Y., Financial Services, Mc Graw Hill Education.
3. Dr.S.Gurusamy, Financial Services, Vijay Nicole Imprints.
4. Financial Market and Services, E, Gordon and K. Natrajan, Himalaya Publishing House
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019