Organisational Development – Revised TYBMS Syllabus 2016
Modules at a Glance
|SN||Modules||No. of Lectures|
|1||International HRM – An Overview||15|
|2||Global HRM Functions||15|
|3||Managing Expatriation and Repatriation||15|
|4||International HRM Trends and Challenges||15|
Organisational Development – Syllabus Overview
|1||Organisational Development – An Overview|
|a) Organisational Development – An Overview:
• Organisational Development – Meaning, Features, Evolution, Components, Objectives, Principles, Process, Importance
|2||Organisational Diagnosis, Renewal and Change|
|a) Organisational Diagnosis, Renewal and Change:
• Organisational Diagnosis – Meaning, Need, Phases, Levels of Organisational Diagnosis, Techniques of Organisational Diagnosis, Tools used in Organisational Diagnosis
|a) Managing Expatriation and Repatriation
• OD Interventions- Meaning, Features, Factors Affecting Success of Interventions, Steps in OD Interventions
# Traditional: Sensitive Training, Grid Training, Survey Feedback.
• Evaluation of OD Interventions : Process, Types, Methods, Importance
|a) OD Effectiveness:
• Issues Faced in OD- Issues Related to Client Relationship, Power-Individual skills and Attributes as a Source of Power, Power and Influence Tactics, Politics and OD
Reference books for subject: Organisational Development
|Organisational Development : ~|
|1. Dr. Mrs. Anjali Ghanekar, Essentials of Organisation Development, Everest Publishing House
2. French,W.L. and Bell, C.H., Organisation Development, Prentice-Hall, New Delhi,1995.
3. Harvey, D.F. and Brown, D.R., An Experimental Approach to Organization Development, PrenticeHall, Englewood Cliffs,N.J.,1990
4. Cummings, T. G. & Worley, C. G. (2009).Organization Development and Change (9th edition). Canada: South-Western Cengage Learning
5. Thomas G. Cummings and Christopher G. Worley, Organization Development and Change, Thomson South-Western, 8th Edition 2004.
6. Cummings, T. G., Theory of Organization Development and Change, South Western.
7. Ramanarayan, S. and Rao, T.V., Organization Development: Accelerating Learning and Transformation, 2nd Edition, Sage India, 2011.
8. Richard L, Organisation, Theory, Change and Design , India Edition(Cenage Learning)
9. Garath R Jones, Mary Mathew , Organisation Theory, Design and Change: Sixth Edition, Pearson
10. Wendell L French, Cecil H Bell, Jr, Veena Vohra ,Organisation Development , Sixth Edition, Pearson Education
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019