Examination will be held as per Semester System prescribed by Mumbai University, i.e. at the end of every Semester the examination will be held for the specified subjects.

Examination procedure and standards prescribed for passing for B.M.S.
REGULATION 4166
I. PASSING STANDARD AND PERFORMANCE GRADING :
PASSING STANDARD
A student shall have to obtain a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate for each theory paper (where the theory paper consists of Internal Assessment & Semester End Examination) with minimum of 40% marks (i.e. 16 out of 40) in the Internal Assessment and 40% marks in Semester end examination (i.e. 24 out of 60) separately to pass the subject and minimum of grade C in each project wherever applicable to pass a particular semester.
PERFORMANCE GRADING
The PERFORMANCE GRADING of the student shall be on the SEVEN point ranking system as under :
Class Division Marks Grade
1st
Class
I-I 65 or O
I-II 60-65 A
2nd
Class
II-I 55-60 B
II-II 50-55 C
II-III 45-50 D
Pass
Class
III 40-45 E
Fail Less than F
The performance grading shall be based on the aggregate performance of Internal Assessment and Semester End Examination.

II. CARRY FORWARD OF THE MARKS IN CASE IF THE STUDENT FAILS IN ONE OR MORE SUBJECTS :
a. A student who PASSES in the Internal Examination but FAILS in the Semester End Examination of the theory paper shall reappear for that theory paper. However his/her marks of the Internal Examinations shall be carried over but he/she shall be entitled for grade “E” on passing.
b. A student who PASSES in the Semester End Examination but FAILS in the Internal Examination of the theory paper shall reappear for the Internal Examination of that theory paper. However his/her marks of the Semester End Examination shall be carried over but he/she shall be entitled for grade “E” on passing.
The Internal Examination for reappearing students will consist of one project of 40 marks which will be divided into 20 marks for the hard copy of the project, 10 marks for the presentation and 10 marks for the viva.

III. ALLOWED TO KEEP TERMS (ATKT) :
a. A student shall be allowed to keep term for Semester II irrespective of number of heads of failure in the Semester I.
b. A student shall be allowed to keep term for Semester III if he/she passes each of Semester I and Semester II.
OR
A student fails in not more than two papers of Semester I and Semester II taken together where the total marks does not exceed 200.
c. A student shall be allowed to keep term for Semester IV irrespective of number of heads of failure in Semester III. However the student has to pass each of Semester I and Semester II in order to appear for Semester IV.
d. A student shall be allowed to keep term for Semester V if he/she passes Semester I, Semester II, Semester III and Semester IV.
OR
A student shall pass Semester I and Semester II and fails in not more than two theory papers of Semester III and Semester IV taken together where the total marks does not exceed 200.
e. A student shall be allowed to keep term for Semester VI irrespective of number of heads of failure in the Semester V.
f. The result of Semester VI shall be kept in abeyance until the student passes each of Semester I, Semester II, Semester III, Semester IV and Semester V.

ADDITIONAL EXAMINATION
There will be one additional examination for semester I, II, III and IV for those who have failed or remained absent. The absent student will be allowed to appear for the examination by the head of the institution/after following the necessary formalities of medical/special ground. This examination will be held 30 days the declaration of results but not later than 60 days.

EVALUATION OF PROJECT
a. A student who PASSES IN ALL THE THEORY PAPERS BUT DOES NOT secure minimum grade of C in project as applicable has to resubmit a fresh project till he/she secures a minimum of grade C. His/her marks in the theory papers that the student has passed will be carried forward but he/she shall be entitled for grade “E” on passing.
b. The evaluation of project and viva-voce examination shall be by awarding grade in the seven point scale as given in (I) above.
c. A student shall have to obtain minimum of grade C (or its equivalent marks) in project evaluation and viva/voce taken together to obtain 40% marks in project work.

Industrial visits are not compulsory and the college should not charge fees prescribed for industrial visits if the Industrial visits are not organized.

The following two tabs change content below.
We, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to [email protected]
98 Comments
  1. benson 8 years ago

Is der any grace marks given in sem 3 in the externals?
    how much marks grace for any 1 subject?
    Plz reply as soon as possible

2. Sanjeev Singh 8 years ago

respected sir / madam,

I want to know about the tybms 5th semester atkt Exams Dates of 2011.

thanking you.

3. shrikant 8 years ago

if i get atkt in second sem an also in third sem iwll passed for fourth sem or not

4. ilachi nagda 8 years ago

hey,
    i failed in 3 subjects in SEM III.
    so now my college says that you are not eligible to sit for SEM IV.
    but the rules don’t say so.
    i have my SEM I & II cleared.
    please guide please.

5. Bhavin Shah 8 years ago

I have cleared my 1st Sem.
    But in 2nd Sem I have got 1 KT.
    And i Am out of town so if i dont give additional exam on May then can i give it on any other month.
    and will i able to apply for 3rd sem.
    please help.

6. kumar 8 years ago

Respected Sir,

I got atkt in fybcc and Sybsc under mumbai university, due to which i am not able to appear for ty,but actually i already wasted 1 year and i dnt want to waste again 1 year,if i solved my atkt exam in october,will it be possible for me to aapear for ty exam privately in the same year?
    please help me,give me options,i dont want to waste a year again.

Thanking you!

7. Vikky 8 years ago

I have a ‘a.t.k.t’ in 1st semester in statistics internals,i have cleared all the semesters (sem2,sem3 and sem4)
    can i get admission in third year??
    I think i can get because in the end it is specified that the result of sem-VI will be kept in abeyance with the university until the student clears all the semester i.e. Sem-I,sem-II,sem-III,sem-IV and sem-V
    can i get admission in 3rd year??

8. rohit 8 years ago

Heyllo,can u please temmee if im having 3kt in 1st sem…nd 1 kt in 2nd sem…nd i have my re-exam on 9th june….so if ill clear in 2nd sem wll i able to go to the 3rd sem??plzzz plzz temme asap…plzz

BMS Team 8 years ago

Yes, if you clear all subjects in Sem 1 and Sem 2, then you can go to SY.
      You have to clear the 3 subjects in Sem 1

• rohit 8 years ago

Yaa ur ryt but i have my 2nd sem re-exam on 9th…not of 1st sem…so what wll be the procedure…

9. Alex 8 years ago

i have 1 kt in sem 1 and i have 2 kt in sem 2 so can i get admission in sem 3???

BMS Team 8 years ago

You need to have cleared all your KTs of Sem 1 to appear for Sem 3 exams

10. Neha 8 years ago

i have cleared my 1st sem n i got 1 kt in 2nd sem n i again got a kt in additional exam.
    can i appear for 3rd sem 44th sem n can i give re exam again…

BMS Team 8 years ago

You can get admission for 3rd sem if your 1st sem is clear. But you need to clear your 2nd sem KTs before you appear for 3rd sem exams

• Neha 8 years ago

i again got k.t in re exam. so can i appear again?.

11. Prajwal Alva 8 years ago

I m T.Y.BMS student.
    I have written Entrepreneurship paper of Sem 6.. But my marksheet says that i was absent n due to that it has shown failed..
    But I was present have Written the paper well. i have sent application from colege n shown my records of being present.. will they get my paper or what can be done now. how many days it will take .. i hav already took admission for mba.. now what shall i do?
    plzz reply

BMS Team 8 years ago

Normal period required for verification is 40 to 60 days.

• Prajwal Alva 8 years ago

Then Wat Shud I do to make it fast… and wat abt my mba admission??
        Is there any way to make it faast??

BMS Team 8 years ago

You can talk to your respective mba college regarding the issue.

12. Nilesh Joshi 8 years ago

I have failed in 1 subject in sem 5 and 2 subject in sem 6 can i appear for those exams now. I appeard for the last year in 07-08 will that be a problem.

BMS Team 8 years ago

the syllabus has changed but still atkt exams happen for old syllabus. please check with the university/respective college and buy atkt forms

13. vipul jha 8 years ago

dear sir / madam

sir/ madam mai 5th semester(SEAT NO 6092) tybms(SUB- SPECIAL STUDY IN MARKETING) revaluation ka form submit kiya .lekin aaj tak mujhe orignal marksheet nahi mila aapke website par check karta hu(LIST NO 86) to pata lagta hai ki mai PASS hu lekin college me jata hu to college wale kahte ki abhi tak revaluation ka marksheet nahi aaya hai iska kya matlab. or mai bad mai ATKT KA BHI EXAM PASS HUA , MARKSHEET BHI MILA JO KI REVALUATION FORM KE BAD ME ATKT KA EXAM DIYA

TO DEAR SIR /MAM AAP LOGO SE REQUEST HAI KI JARA DHYAN DIGIYE IS REQUEST PAR.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
    ( VIPUL ARUN JHA)

14. Keerath 7 years ago

Dear Sir,
    i have cleared my semester 1, but in my second semester i got a copy case, so i was asked to sit for all the kt exams, in which i got 2 kts (math and accounts), they promoted me to my second year, i just finished my third semester exams and i’m all clear but i also simultaneously gave my second semester kt exams, i am unsure about passing in my maths paper, if i fail in the math paper will i get a drop, am i allowed another chance to give my math 2nd semester kt?
    Is it possible to give my 2nd semester kt in the the 4th semester if i don’t pass in this try???

BMS Team 7 years ago

By rule, You have to pass each of Semester I and Semester II in order to appear for Semester IV.
      Or else, you will have to clear all the ATKTs and sit for Sem IV in next year

15. Keerath 7 years ago

But SIr, will i get another chance if i fail this time??

Yes, you can appear for Sem 4 next year

16. keerath 7 years ago

next year, you mean to say that i’l be held back for a year???
    Can’t i have another (last) try this year itself, something like give my 2nd sem exam in jan or something, i don’t want to skip a year, what about a golden kt??

17. Raveena hemrajani 7 years ago

I couldn’t give my 5th semester special studies in marketing and logistics paper because I had malaria and was admitted in hospital . So can u tel me wads d procedure for giving the re-examination

BMS Team 7 years ago

You can fill in the ATKT Exam Forms which is held in March-April 2013 and clear the exams

• Raveena hemrajani 7 years ago

Is thr any re-exam for absentees ??? I haven’t got a kt ever bfr …??? So will I get a kt in my results??

18. steve 7 years ago

Respected Sir, I had got kt last year in sem 1 stats nd 4 subjects in sem 3 so hence I had got a drop last year but this year there was my exams in Nov of these subjects however I have managed to pass in three pprs out of 5 but I got kt again in sem one’s paper thats stats and one in 3 rd sem ppr so will be able to appear for 4 th sem will I get a chance to clear my kt in this comming Jan or Feb or will I held drop again!! it will be very crucial for my courrier apart from it week back of my kt exams I had met with seviour accident and was seriously injured though I gave my exam in that cndtn will I get chance to appear for 4 th sem and give kt exams in cmng jan or feb according to Mu rules I have all medical certificate plz help and reply!!

19. Pritesh Patil 7 years ago

I have appeared in 1 sem.and failed in one subject.if i appear for the additional exam will be it shown in my result about additional exam?

20. Sumant 7 years ago

Sir/mam
    Sir muje 1&2sem main atkt mila vo exam mana likha aur pass bi hogayi but mark 35%hi consider karanga kya

BMS Team 7 years ago

40% Is the passing marks of all subjects in all semesters. Marks obtained after ATKT results are considered

21. Pooja 7 years ago

Respected sir
    Sir main abi sybms kari hu.muje 1 st sem main bussines law main fail huye.maa additional exam likha but main vapas fail hogayi fir vapas atkt exam likha usma main pass hogayi but total 1st year main muje total kiyato muje 63% mila but mera frnds bolra ha tuna atkt exam diyana isliya tuje 40% hi consider karanga.yaa bath sach hai kya sir muje bohat tension hora hai ya baath sunka

22. Author
    BMS Team 7 years ago

ATKT exams mein jo marks mila hai wohi consider kiya jayega for total/percentage.

23. Pooja 7 years ago

Thanks sir
    That means mera fy ka percentage 63% hi consider karange

24. vaidehi 7 years ago

my son gets kt in 3rd sem he cleared 1 st and 2 nd sem and 4th sem in 5th sem he has got 1 kt can he allow to sit for 6th sem what is univercity rule please reply me

BMS Team 7 years ago

Yes. A student who has got any number of KTs in 5th sem can sit for lectures of sem 6. But before sem 6 exams, he has to appear for the ATKT exams of sem 5 and clear it.

25. Sanmit 7 years ago

Dear sir,
    I have got 2 kts in sem 5 , but my total is around 370 and have a first-class grade…I have come to know that eventhough if I clear my sem 5 atkt exams it will consider only as pass class in my combo result, please let me know this thing in detail and how may I score an aggregate of 60 at the end of my TY if my grade is weak as I require that much aggregate to appear for my CA level 2 registration. Please post a reply. Thank you 🙂

BMS Team 7 years ago

You are right in saying that clearing sem 5 would still mean pass class.

Please try hard and score well in sem 6 so that your total score of sem 5&6 is in first class. The final marksheet that you get would be both sem combined
      – Prof. Vipin Saboo

26. vaidehi 7 years ago

my son has not clear kt of 3rd sem, he pass 4th sem, again 5th sem he has kt in 1 sub can univercity allow him to appear 6th sem in april 2013 please reply me.

BMS Team 7 years ago

Your son has to clear all semesters KT for appearing for sem 6 exams.

27. vaidehi 7 years ago

but there is written new circular which is given above that if one sub kt is there in lower sem then student can appear for 6th sem but result is kept in abeyance until he clear lower sem where it may be sem 1 2 3 4 or 5th. Please see allowed to keep atkt terms point f which is lastone please guide me of the above rule of new circular.

28. PRATIKSHA 7 years ago

I Please tell me t.y.bms 6th sem. ATKT EXAM date

29. ketan 7 years ago

Hey I’v gt a kt in fy in bc so m I eligible to appear for 5th sem??

30. ayush 7 years ago

dear sir
    i have got 1 kt in sem 1 and if i get 2 or 3 kt’s in sem 2 bt have crossed 200 as tottal vl i be able to go to s.y.b.m.s??? plz help!!

BMS Team 7 years ago

You have to clear all the KTs of Sem 1 and Sem 2, before you appear for exams of Sem 3

31. santu 7 years ago

I hvee 1kt in first sem and in second sem.i hve 2kt both 3kts r for external exam which of 60 marks is it possible to qualify in sy

32. santu 7 years ago

I hve 1 kt in first sem and 2kt in second sem both 3 are of each 60 is it possible to qulify in sybms

33. amit tandel 7 years ago

Sir/madam
    i had got k.t in 5 sem of bms..i now i have solve this k.t in additional exam
    so suppose i would pass in 6 sem without atkt…
    So is there my percentage consider or now
    plz reply me

Your additional exam results and sem 6 results average would be considered

34. AJINKYA 7 years ago

SIR I HAVE CLEARED ALL 5 SEMESTERS OF BMS, AFTER THAT I 3 KT’S IN 6 TH SEM. SO AGAIN I APPEARED 6 TH SEM AND I CLEARED 1 KT. AFTER THIS I DIDN’T MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO CLEAR REST OF THE KT’S BUT TODAY AFTER 3 YRS IF I WANT TO CLEAR MY KTS WHAT SHOULD I DO, I MEAN HOW SHOULD I GO FURTHER, LET ME KNOW THE PROCEDURE FOR THE SAME, BECOZ I HAVE REALISED THAT WITHOUT A DEGREE NOTHING IS POSSIBLE. PLZ HELP ME OUT SIR.

BMS Team 7 years ago

You have to apply for Sem 6 admissions again and sit for its exams in October / April

• AJINKYA 7 years ago

Sir, That means i will have to give exams for all subjects or just the kt ones, becoz previously i had already given 2 attempts.

35. amit ganesh tandel 7 years ago

Respeted teacher..i had k.t in 5th sem..and i have solve this k.t in addtional exam..
    So suppose i would pass 6th sem without atkt along with 55%..so what would be my result..
    Either pass class i.e 40% or average percentage of 5th and 6th sem
    plz reply

36. Respeted teacher my brother.. had k.t in 5th sem..and he has solve this k.t in addtional exam..
    So suppose he would pass 6th sem without atkt along with 55%..so what would be his result..
    Either pass class i.e 40% or average percentage of 5th and 6th sem
    plz reply

37. Raj 7 years ago

My son has cleared all semesters and had kt for Or in sem 6. Now his result is held in reserve as he has not cleared lower semester. This is incorrect. What is to be done to correct this?

BMS Team 7 years ago

go to your college , tell them , you will have to fill a form , send copies of all your previous marksheets and they will send your result in like 15-20 days

38. Priyesh Joshi 7 years ago

BMS is not hard as i thought and it gives an various types of thing that what i am capable to do. In bms i get knowledge and getting quality information details which i can share with my friends. In that industrial visit would be there

39. samina khan 6 years ago

i just wanted to know when will 6th sem revaluation results wl cum out of 2013..plzz.help

40. Guda Vasant 6 years ago

Respected,
    Ma’am / Sir
    Hello Ma’am / Sir a Vry Good morning. I am confused about my carrier after BMS no 1 is their for carrier guidance. I want to be an International Businessman. Please help me which will be Best for me after my BMS.

41. Hitesh 6 years ago

hello this is hitesh i would like to ask you my friend Sachin has received 3 kt in his 6th semester . When he asked college authorities they said only u have to give those papers in which you have flunked as you don’t need to give the rest . As he has filled only form for those 3 exams only

42. sujay shetty 6 years ago

Mam if I fail in 3 sub in sem 1 in fybms but pass in all in sem 2 can I able to sit in sybms

43. sujay shetty 6 years ago

Reply fast mam

44. Rajesh 6 years ago

Dear Sir

I have completed my 5th semester exam and cleared all the subjects in May 2007 but due to personal problems I could not appear for 6th semester exams. I wanted to know If I can sit for 6th semester exam this year as there is a gap of around 6 years between 5th and 6th semester exams.
    Please reply

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh

BMS Team 6 years ago

Hi, the duration is only 5 years within which you need to complete your graduation.
      You would have to reappear for third year again.

45. Nikhil 6 years ago

Respected sir,
    5th sem Results for 2013-14 are out and i have a kt.
    I’ll have to waste my one whole year to give the
    5th sem.again?
    Or
    is there any additional exam to be conducted in this same year?

BMS Team 6 years ago

exams would be in april. plz check exam alerts section for the timetables

46. Rohit 6 years ago

I am in sybms. I want to ask that if i had cleared my 1st sem kt and nw i dnt have any more kt i have clear that kt

.so does that kt will effect my final grading in tybms .???
    plz reply me plz

47. Suraj Tiwari 6 years ago

m failed in one subject and i wanted to know is there any charges to give supplementary /additional xams??

BMS Team 6 years ago

which year you are failed? fy, sy or ty?
      For fy and sy, its additional exam and for TY its ATKT exam.

48. Sneha 6 years ago

Hi.. I have a serious problem and need your advice I have cleared my TY and SY BAF without any ATKT but wasted my two years becauseof health issue this year 2013-14 i havetaken readmission in TY BAF but got 3 ATKT in 5th Semester and even missed to fill ATKT Form

Can i givemy 6th Semester? wat about my 5thSem ..My this year will go waste please help?

Shall i go University to ask about ATKT Exam?

Sneha

49. Gokul 6 years ago

Dear Sir/madam,

I cleared my a.t.k.t sem 6 in november 2013, after that i cleared sem 6 when i received my passing certificate they are showing PASS CLASS. My actual total score (5 and 6 sem) 692/1200.. so that means i will get 58% something… what is the meaning PASS CLASS.

50. vaishali 6 years ago

I just gave my internals of fy 2nd sem. But I am failing in one subject. I wanted to change my college after first year. Can I do so after giving my additional exam of this particular subject in which i’m failing and passing in it in additional exam?