Mr. Anil Ambani is a Business Tycoon, philanthropist, political member, sports enthusiast. Despite being an heir to the multi billion dollar Reliance group Founded by his Father MR.DHIRUBAI AMBANI.
Anil Ambani was born on June 4,1959 holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Bombay and an MBA degree from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Currently, he serves as a member of the Wharton Board of Overseers.
Anil Ambani joined Reliance in 1983 as Co-Chief Executive Officer and is credited with having pioneered many financial innovations in the Indian capital markets regarding him as the ‘FINANCIAL WIZARD’ of the reliance group
Due to a feud after his father’s death Anil decided to demerge from reliance industries limited formed the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group(ADAG) with Reliance Communications (RCOM), Reliance Capital (RCL), Reliance Energy (REL) and Reliance Natural Resources Ltd (RNRL) .
Ambani invested USD 825 million in Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks Studios in 2009 to coproduce movies, making him a major player in the global entertainment business. In India he is one of the largest producers of Bollywood film industry. His major interest in Entertainment include 44 FM radio stations, nationwide DTH business, Animation Studios, and several multiplex cinemas throughout the country
Run’s each half marathon since 2003
The state of the art 750 bed super-specialty Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and the Harmony Foundation for senior citizens
ANIL is married to former Bollywood actress, Tina Munim and has two sons Anmol and Anshul .
Ambani’s net worth is $5.9 billion according to the Forbes billionaire list for 2014
Awards and Achievements:
- Voted ‘the Businessman of the Year’ in a poll conducted by The Times of India – TNS, December 2006
- Voted the ‘Best role model’ among business leaders in the biannual Mood of the Nation poll conducted by India Today magazine, August 2006
- Conferred ‘the CEO of the Year 2004’ in the Platts Global Energy Awards
- Conferred ‘The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award’ by the Bombay Management Association, October 2002
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) in recognition of his contribution to the establishment of Reliance as a global leader in many of its business areas, December 2001
- Selected by Asiaweek magazine for its list of ‘Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance’ and was introduced as the only ‘new hero’ in Business and Finance from India, June 1999
It takes dedication, knowledge and wit in order to be this business tycoon who seems to have created his own stand in the business arena making him a role model for the youth of today.
– Khyati Kotian
Latest posts by BMS (see all)
- Can a SYBMS student change specialisation in TYBMS? - June 15, 2016
- Board Papers Not Leaked says Mumbai University. No Re-exam 🙂 - April 25, 2016
- How To Contribute And Write Articles on BMS.co.in ? - March 4, 2016