Tybms Prelim Paper Marks 75
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE $ BUSINESS ETHICS Time : 2.5 hours
Q.1.A. What is the importance of Business Ethics in an Organization? (8)
- Difference between Ideology and Utilitarianism? (7)
Q.1.A. What is ILO and child labour and decent work?(8)
- Distinguish between Entrepreneur and Manager? (7)
Q.2.A.State the Major environmental concerns and its consequences? (8)
B.Explain the rights of Shareholders? (7)
Q.2.A. Show the difference between corporate code of conduct and labour laws.(8)
- Mention a few unethical practices in Global Marketing and advertising.(7)
Q.3. Explain The Following Concept (15)
- Ethical Dilemma B. Deontological Ethics C. Social Ethics
- Green Initiatives E. Privacy
Q.3.A. Write a note on ASCI Code Advertising Standard Council of India? (8)
- ‘Employer-employee relation should go beyond the exchange of wages or salary for work’. Add your comment? (7)
Q.4. Write a short notes on: Any 3 (15)
- i) Scope And Objectives of G.
- ii) Audit Committee
iii) CSR And Work Place
- iv) Purushartha
- v) Indian Ethos
Q.5. READ THE FOLLOWING CASE STUDY & ANSWER THE FOLLOWING. 15 MARKS
Paresh Shah and Ramesh Kothari are final year students of Commerce. Both come from business families.
Paresh and Ramesh were very clear after they complete their studies, they do not want to work for anybody. They wanted to set up their own business and make lot of money. They could observe that building construction offered great opportunities to fulfill their dreams. Even though the industry suffered through periodic recession, the profit margins were very attractive, as high as 50 percent or more.
The city of Nasik where they were staying is growing very fast. Nearness to Mumbai, a good weather and availability of infrastructure attracts large number of persons as well as institutions. The former includes NRIs and the latter corporate houses from Mumbai. Paresh and Ramesh feel that they can join hands and start their company with the name “Nirman Builders.” Their parents have agreed to give them a loan of Rs. 25 lakhs to start the business. If done not deter them that they do not have any experience and certainly none in building industry. They feel that enough expertise is available on hire with which they could start this business.
(a) Give a brief analysis of this case in ethical manner?
(b) Do you think that Paresh and Ramesh will succeed in their plans? Why?
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019