BIG BOSS-8 is the eighth season of the Indian reality television show Big Boss, which started broadcasting on the TV channel Colors from 21 SEPTEMBER 2014. Big boss is the Indian edition of “BIG BROTHER”. The superstar SALMAN KHAN is hosting the series for the fifth time. The house for the eighth season is located in LONAVLA and has been designed to resemble a jumbo aircraft with the interior of an aircraft the house is said to have a waiting lounge and separate sections for Business and Economy classes. But later on the contestants were shifted to the main house of big boss.
- CONCEPT: Big boss is the one of the highest TRP show in the Indian television which gives real entertainment to the viewers. A number of contestants (known as “housemates”) live in a purpose-built house and are isolated from the rest of the world. Each week, housemates nominate two of their peers for eviction, and the housemates who receives the most nominations would face a public vote. Of these, one would eventually leave, having been “evicted” from the House. However, there were exceptions to this process as dictated by Big Boss. In the final week, there were three housemates remaining, and the public voted for who they wanted to win. The housemates in the Indian version are primarily celebrities with the exception of one who is a non-celebrity selected via auditions. Housemates are overseen by a mysterious person known as ‘Big Boss’, whose only presence in the house is through his voice.
- GAUTAM GULATI: TV and Film Actor.
- KARISHMA TANNA: Model and Actress.
- UPEN PATEL: Model and Actor.
- PRITAM SINGH: Radio jockey.
- PRANEET BHAT: TV Actor.
- SONALI RAUT: Model and film Actress.
- SONI SINGH: TV Actress.
- ARYA BABBAR: Bollywood and Punjabi film Actor.
- DIANDRA SOARES: Model, anchor and fashion designer.
- SUSHANT DIVGIKAR: Model, TV Anchor and Pageant contestant.
- SHUKIRTI KANDPAL: Model and TV actress.
- NATASHA STANKOVIC: Model and Bollywood Actress.
- MINNISHA LAMBA: Bollywood actress.
- DEEPSHIKHA: TV and film Actress.
- PUNEET ISSAR: Bollywood and Punjabi Actor and director.
- ALI QULI MIRZA: Singer.
- RENEE DHYANI: Reality show alumnus from MTV Roadies.
- DIMPY MAHAJAN: Winner of Season 2 of Indian’s rendition of “The Bachelor”.
- NIGGAR KHAN: Indian television actress mainly known for her portrayal of negative roles.
While the show is doing well and becoming more controversial and entertaining the audience, the makers have recently decided to extend the show but yet for next month. As this news makes smile on faces of the most of the viewers but the fact that Salman khan ( most amazing host of the show) will be replaced by the Director Farhan khan for the extended weeks has disappointed the viewer’s [ me too 🙁 ].
Confirming his exit from the show, Salman sir has recently stated that he won’t be able to host the show from 4th January due to prior commitments. The Superstar, who is hosting the show from last five seasons has become the viewer’s favourite because of his unbiased decisions and fair judgements amongst the participants whether it would be male or female.
Many watch the show only for Salman Khan, who brings his special charm to the show.
Following are some points which makes SALMAN SIR as a Perfect host 😀
- HUGE POPULARITY: Salman khan is one of the best actor in our Indian film industry who has given us so many incredible and beautiful movies to watch over and over again. Salman khan is an Indian Film Actor, Film producer, Television presenter, and Philanthropist (Helper, giver or contributor). Popularly known as Tiger of the Bollywood, Sher khan, Bhai. He is known for his Hindi films. He started his career with movie Biwi ho tou aisi but it was his second film which gave him huge response to his acting skills Maine pyaar kiya as a lead actor. Most of the famous movies of Khan sir are: Saajan, Hum apke hai koun, Karan Arjun, Judwaa, pyar kiya tou darna kya, hum saath saath hai, Kuch kuch hota hai, Dabangg, Ek tha tiger, Kick etc. He has also won “Screen award for best actor” for performance in Dabangg in 2013, he won the “Best Actor Popular choice” for his performance in Ek tha tiger and Dabangg 2. Salman khan has a huge popularity amongst the viewers, every other person wants to be like him in way of physic or styling 😛
- UNBIASED DECISIONS: Salman Khan is known for his unbiased decisions on the show. He always plays the fair role in the situations which needs a little more clarification on television. He never been on anybody’s side while hosting the show if either he may personally know some personalities in the house. He always talk for the right if it’s been taking a women’s side on abusing her or taking a stand to a guy who has been targeted in the house.
- “BEING HUMAN” NATURE: Salman is loved by many mostly because of his generous nature. His contribution to the society through his foundation “Being Human”, has undoubtedly made him one of the most loved Bollywood stars. He is known for helping others which makes him a step ahead amongst other actors.
4. MAKING THE FUN ATMOSPHERE IN THE SHOW: He is also known for his friendly and funny on- going nature. When there are conflicts amongst the participants, the host has proven to be the “ICE- BOOM” for cooling down the situation and making the situation steady with each other and creating a fun and healthy atmosphere in the show.
- SALMAN’S ANTICS: There is no one like Salman who can mock the contestants with his special style. The “Kick” star’s antics have managed to bring the highest TRPs to Colors for the period when the show is aired.
These are the qualities that I feel Salman Khan has as a host that would be missed while watching Big Boss season 8. I really want to know what you think as a viewer that is going to affect the shows TRP’S? As well as would Farah khan can be able to achieve that level of popularity to the show as it is now?? Comment down your views. Thank you!
Latest posts by Archana Negi (see all)
- 14 Things You Never Knew About Karan Singh Grover - January 25, 2015
- 6 Creative Gifts That You Can Give To Your Mother To Make Her Feel Special! - January 25, 2015
- 9 Signs That Tells You It’s Time To End This Relationship - January 21, 2015