The United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) had given a strike call from January 21 to January 24, 2015 to put pressure on the Indian Bank Association (IBA) for 25 per cent enhancement in their wages but now the strike has been postponed.
Here are some facts that you must know about the ‘Bank strike‘:
1. Public sector bank employees had decided to go on a 4-day strike from January 21 to protest against the “rigid and callous attitude” of Central Government in resolving the long pending wage revision issue.The wage revision for bank employees is due from November one, 2012.
2. Earlier it was decided to hold 1 day strike on January 7, which was deferred on the request of IBA to find out an amicable solution.
3. As there was no fresh proposal of hike from the side of IBA during this period, UFBU had decided to go ahead with the 4-day strike.
4. Given that January 25 is Sunday and January 26, Republic Day, this would effectively mean that banks would have remained close for six full days but now the stike has been postponed.
5. The Public Sector bank employees have also decided to go on an indefinite strike from March 16 onwards and that the notice in this regard has already been served by UFBU to the IBA.
Four Days Bank Strike Averted:
Latest posts by Soumya Nadar (see all)
- 5 Awesome Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Delhi Elections’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The Indian Playback Singer ‘Shreya Ghoshal’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Facts That You Ought to Know About ‘Praveen Togadia’ - February 7, 2015