The main difference between MBA and PGDM is that MBA is a degree and is offered by universities, whereas, PGDM is a post-graduate diploma offered by AICTE approved institutes.
Indian universities come under the University Grants Commission (UGC) and can, therefore, award degrees like the MBA degree, also known as MMS in Mumbai. Universities follow the UGC format for course content. On the other hand, reputed management institutes design their courses based on industry feedback and business relevance. They are not covered under the UGC.
Importantly, when it comes to job opportunities, institute reputation matters more than the name of the degree or diploma.
- PGDBM – Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- PGDBA – Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- PGDM – Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- MBA – Masters in Business Administration
- MMS – Masters in Management Studies
Top Mumbai Business Schools with PG Course in Management.
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies
- K.J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies
- Welingkar Inst of Management
- N.L Dalmia
Latest posts by karan (see all)
- Latest Notification for MMS/MBA admissions 2014-16 - July 11, 2014
- 7 Reasons To Ensure You Do An MMS/MBA - July 7, 2014
- What is the difference between MBA and PGDM program? - July 6, 2014