Quotas are quantitative objectives assigned to sales organisational until they specify desired performance level for sales volume such as:
Expenses, gross margins, net profits & return on investment, selling & non-selling related activities, or some combination of these items.
Some companies set sales quota for organisational units such as individual, district & sales personnel.
Quotas are devices for directing & controlling sales operations. Their effectiveness depends upon the kind, amount & accuracy of marketing information used setting them & upon management skills in administering the quota system.
Objectives in using quotas
- To provide quantitative performance standard;
- To obtain tighter sales and expense control;
- To motivate desired performance
- To use in connection with sales contest
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019