Chocolate… I don’t think there is a more satisfying and delicious thing as a chocolate. It is such a versatile ingredient that it goes with anything and everything. Since my favourite ingredient is chocolate and my mother’s favourite is walnut, here I am with another recipe starring the mixture of our favourites is the chocolate walnut cake.
8 to 9 people
100g plain chocolate or dark chocolate
100g of unsaturated butter
150g of finely chopped walnuts
3 whole eggs, preferably separated
155g of whole or castor sugar (recommended)
100g plain flour
1 or 1/2 tps baking powder
½ tps cinnamon powder
15 minutes for preparing the batter
35 minutes for cooking
50 minutes in total
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease the tin from all the sides.
- Break the chocolate and the butter and put it in a pan for melting. Let it melt over very low heat. When it is creamy, add half of the chopped walnuts.
- Beat the egg whites and the sugar with a machine whisker until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the yolks with the remaining sugar. Add the flour, cinnamon powder and the baking powder. Take the heated chocolate and mix with the flour batter slowly. Finally, fold in the egg whites gently.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin. You could now sprinkle the remaining walnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven and keep checking and finally to check whether it is cooked, you could insert a knife in the cake and if it comes out clean then your cake is ready to be gorged on. Bon apetit!!!
- You could melt some more chocolate, add some milk and sugar if you like, whisk it and then when it turns frothy and delicious, you could spread it on the cake and have it as an home made pastry.