15 Delicious Chocolate Facts That You Didn’t Know
Chocolates are loved by everyone. There are many benefits of chocolate, one of them is it acts like a stress reliever. Also there some facts about chocolate which we didn’t know about:
- It takes almost a full year for a cocoa tree to produce enough pods to make ten standard-sized Hershey bars.
- The Aztec emperor Montezuma II drank more than fifty cups of chocolate every day.
- The first chocolate bar was invented in 1847 by Joseph Fry.
- Chocolate has over 600 flavour compounds, while red wine has just 200.
- Chocolate gives you a more intense mental high and gets your heart pounding more than kissing does.
- Chocolate milk is an effective post-workout recovery drink.
- German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany. It’s named after its inventor, Sam German
- A 2004 study in London found that 70% of people would reveal their passwords in exchange for a chocolate bar.
- In fact, chocolate was consumed as a liquid, not a solid, for 90% of its history.
- The scientific name for that chocolate comes from, Theobrama cacao, means “food of gods”.
- The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie, Ruth Wakefield, sold her cookie recipe to Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
- The chocolate industry is worth approximately $110 billion per year.
- White chocolate technically isn’t chocolate, but you probably already knew that.
- Hershey’s Kisses got their name from the kissing sound the machine that deposits the chocolate on the conveyor belt makes.
- Ben & Jerry’s made their first cookie dough ice cream after receiving an anonymous suggestion on their flavour suggestion board in its Burlington, Vermont, shop.
- There is a rare fourth kind of chocolate in addition to the classic milk, dark and white varieties: blond chocolate.