Service Recovery of Airline Industry
When the company fails to stand for its promises made to the customer on the basis they build expectation, it’s to be said that there is service failure. When the service failure occurs, there can be again severe ramification. Customer is considered to be the bread and butter, hence retaining them is the biggest challenge, and however service failure acts as an obstacle to it. In such failures,
1) The customer wants what they were promised.
2) Customer wants personal attention
3) Customer wants a decent apology
4) Customers want that they should not be made to feel that they are the cause of the problem. (Though in many cases they are responsible for nuisance)
There are again five steps involved in order to deal with service failure. They are mentioned as below
1st step: acknowledgement and apology for the fact.
2nd step: listening to the customers.
3rd step: avoid defending the company and offer a rational explanation.
4th step: offer some extra benefits
5th step: have a proper follow up and make sure no mistakes this time, so that he can easily forget about the service failure and is retained.
(Example covered while presentation)
A customer expects 3 shorts of fairness in case of service recovery. They are mentioned as below.
1. Interaction fairness: – when there is service failure, first the company is supposed to acknowledge the customer. Due to this the customer might turn erate, but he still expects fairness and courtesy in the language and tone used by the addresser
2. Procedure fairness: – to know in detail about the incidence of service failure or to avail the compensation. There should be simplicity in procedure, which is involved. Service failure and complexity in procedure both together might result in a disaster as far as customer is concern.
3. Outcome fairness: – now when the company realizes that there is service failure they should end up compensating, arranging for some alternative mode of transporting or complies with the customer condition. The outcome should be taken by considering the customer, his needs and the company’s policy.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019