Performance Management and Career Planning – Revised TYBMS Syllabus 2016
Modules at a Glance
|SN||Modules||No. of Lectures|
|1||Performance Management – An Overview||15|
|2||Performance Management Process||15|
|3||Ethics, Under Performance and Key Issues in Performance Management||15|
|4||Career Planning and Development||15|
Performance Management and Career Planning – Syllabus Overview
|1||Performance Management – An Overview|
|• Performance Management– Meaning, Features, Components of Performance Management, Evolution, Objectives, Need and Importance, Scope, Performance Management Process, Pre-Requisites of Performance Management, Linkage of Performance Management with other HR functions, Performance Management and Performance Appraisal, Performance Management Cycle
• Best Practices in Performance Management, Future of Performance Management.
• Role of Technology in Performance Management
|2||Performance Management Process|
|• Performance Planning – Meaning, Objectives, Steps for Setting Performance Criteria, Performance Benchmarking
• Performance Managing – Meaning, Objectives, Process
• Performance Appraisal – Meaning, Approaches of Performance Appraisal – Trait Approach, Behaviour Approach, Result Approach
• Performance Monitoring–Meaning, Objectives and Process
• Performance Management Implementation – Strategies for Effective Implementation of Performance Management
• Linking Performance Management to Compensation
• Concept of High Performance Teams
|3||Ethics, Under Performance and Key Issues in Performance Management|
|• Ethical Performance Management – Meaning, Principles, Significance of Ethics in Performance Management, Ethical Issues in Performance Management, Code of Ethics in Performance Management, Building Ethical Performance Culture, Future Implications of Ethics in Performance Management
• Under Performers and Approaches to Manage Under Performers, Retraining
• Key Issues and Challenges in Performance Management
• Potential Appraisal: Steps, Advantages and Limitations.
• Pay Criteria -Performance related pay, Competence related pay, Team based pay, Contribution related pay.
|4||Career Planning and Development|
|• Career Planning – Meaning, Objectives, Benefits and Limitations, Steps in Career Planning, Factors affecting Individual Career Planning, Role of Mentor in Career Planning, Requisites of Effective Career Planning
• Career Development – Meaning, Role of employer and employee in Career Development, Career Development Initiatives
• Role of Technology in Career Planning and Development
• Career Models – Pyramidal Model, Obsolescence Model, Japanese Career Model
• New Organizational Structures and Changing Career Patterns
Reference books for subject: Performance Management and Career Planning
|Performance Management and Career Planning : ~|
|1. Shashi K. Gupta, Rosy Joshi, Human Resource Management, Kalyani Publishers
2. Armstrong, Michael, Baron, Performance Management, Jaico Publishers
3. Robert Bacal, Performance Management, McGraw-Hill Education, 2007
4. T.V. Rao, Performance Management and Appraisal Systems: HR Tools for Global Competitiveness, Response Books, New Delhi, 2007.
5. Davinder Sharma, Performance Appraisal and Management, Himalaya Publishing House.
6. A.S. Kohli, T.Deb, Performance Management, Oxford University Press.
7. Herman Agnuinis, Performance Management, Second edition, Pearson Education.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019