Industrial Relations – Revised TYBMS Syllabus 2016
Modules at a Glance
|SN||Modules||No. of Lectures|
|1||Industrial Relations- An overview||15|
|3||Trade Unions and Collective Bargaining||15|
|4||Industrial Relations Related Laws in India||15|
Industrial Relations – Syllabus Overview
|1||Industrial Relations- An overview|
|• Meaning, Objectives, Characteristics of a good Industrial Relations System/Principles of a good IR/Essentials of good IR, Scope, Significance/Need and Importance of IR, Major Stakeholders of IR, Evolution of IR in India, Factors affecting IR, Role of State, Employers and Unions in IR, Changing Dimensions of IR in India, Impact of Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation on Industrial Relations, Issues and Challenges of industrial relations in India|
|a) Industrial Disputes:
• Meaning of Industrial Dispute, Causes, Forms/Types, Consequences/Effects, Methods of Settling Industrial Disputes (Arbitration, Joint Consultations, Works Committee, Conciliation, Adjudication etc)
b) Employee Discipline:
• Meaning, Determinants, Causes of Indiscipline, Code of Discipline and its
c) Grievance Handling:
• Meaning of Grievances, Causes of Grievances, Guidelines for Grievance Handling, Grievance Redressal Procedure in India.
d) Workers’ Participation in Management:
• Meaning and Types with Respect to India
|3||Trade Unions and Collective Bargaining|
|a) Trade Unions:
• Meaning, Features, Objectives, Role of Trade Unions, Functions/Activities, Types, Evolution of Trade Unions across Globe, Evolution of Trade Unions in India, Structure of Trade Unions in India, Recognition of Trade Unions, Rights and Privileges of Registered Trade Unions, Impact of Globalisation on Trade Unions in India, Central Organisations of Indian Trade Unions : INTUC, AITUC, HMS,UTUC, Problems of Trade Unions in India.
b) Collective Bargaining:
• Meaning, Features, Importance, Scope, Collective Bargaining Process, Prerequisites of Collective Bargaining, Types of Collective Bargaining Contracts, Levels of Collective Bargaining, Growth of Collective Bargaining in India, Obstacles to Collective Bargaining in India.
|4||Industrial Relations Related Laws in India|
|• Role of Judiciary in Industrial Relations: Labour Court, Industrial Tribunal, National Tribunal
• The Trade Unions Act, 1926;
• The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946;
• The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947;
• The Factories’ Act, 1948
• The Minimum Wages Act, 1948
Reference books for subject: Industrial Relations
|Industrial Relations : ~|
|1. Davar R S: Personnel Management and Industrial Relations in India
2. Mamoria C B: Industrial Relations
3. Charles Myeres: Industrial Relations in India
4. Arun Monappa: Industrial Relations
5. Sharma A M : Industrial Relations
6. Ahuja K K : Industrial Relations Theory and Practice
7. C.S. Vekata Ratnam : Globalisation and Labour-Management Relations
8. Srivastava K D: Laws relating to Trade Unions and Unfair Labour Practice
9. A.M.Sarma: A conceptual and legal frame work
10. Farnham, David and John Pimlot, Understanding Industrial Relations, London: Cassell
11. Ratna Sen, Industrial Relations in India, Shifting Paradigms, Macmillan India Ltd., New Delhi, 2009.
12. C.S.Venkata Ratnam, Globalisation and Labour Management Relations, Response Books, 2010.
13. Srivastava, Industrial Relations and Labour Laws, Vikas, 6 th edition, 2012.
14. P.R.N Sinha, Indu Bala Sinha, Seema Priyardarshini Shekhar. Industrial Relations, Trade Unions and Labour Legislation.
15. Srivastava, S. C. :Industrial Relations and Labour Laws, Vikas Publishing House Pvt Ltd, New Delhi.
16. Sinha, P.R.N., Sinha, Indu Bala and Shekhar, Seema Priyadarshini Industrial Relations, Trade Unions and Labour Legislation, Pearson Education, New Delhi
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019