LOGISTICS & SCM – 2 HOURS – 60 MARKS
1. Section 1 is Compulsory.
2. Attempt any 3 Questions in Section II.
3. Both the Sections are to be written in Same Answer book.
4. Figures to the right indicate full marks.
Q.1 Explain in brief. (3 marks each) (15) (1) Reverse Logistics
(2) 7R Principle of Customer Service
(3) Intermodal Transportation
(4) Transit Inventory & Cycle Inventory
(5) Inland Container Depots or Container Freight Stations
Q.2 Case Study
M/s Excellent Dashboard Private LTD. (EDPL) is situated at Gurgaon near Delhi. The
company supplies dashboard assembly as a 4PL supplier to Maruti Udyog LTD (MUL) since past 3 years. There are number of components in the dashboard like speedometer, level gauge, etc. EDPL purchase these individual components from various suppliers and assembles them at their works for onward supply to MUL.
One of the major components namely “Starter Switch” is always the problem. Since the EDPL does not observe any Systematic Inventory Control methods in their purchasing activities, they just order the quantity as and when the demand arises. As this product is not available off the shelf, many a times delays occur in arranging for assembled to MUL. This in turn, results into a financial loss to EDPL due to penalties imposed by MUL as per the agreement, towards delays in supply of dashboard assembly.
The information gathered from EDPL shows that the annual demand of the item, Starter Switch is 5000 nos. The unit price of the item is Rs.50 each. The inventory carrying cost and ordering cost is 20% and Rs. 40 per order respectively.
1) Explain the role of fourth party Logistics in the above case. (5)
2) How EDPL can avoid financial penalties imposed by MUL?(5)
3) Calculate Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) for the item under reference, by using the available information. (5)
Q.3 Define Customer Service. Explain “Pre transaction, Transaction & Post transaction elements” of customer service. (10)
Q.4 Compare rail and road as modes of transport. Discuss their merits and demerits. (10)
Q.5 Define Economic Order Quantity. What are the different costs associated with EOQ? State EOQ formula with notations. (10)
Q.6 What is Logistical performance appraisal? Explain Internal Performance measures. (10)
Q.7 Write short notes. (any 2) (10)
a. ABC Analysis
b. Mission Based Costing
c. Containerization & Types of Containers
Latest posts by Nitin Kulkarni (see all)
- Logistics & SCM Sample Question Paper 2013 - November 7, 2013
- Logistics Concept Questions by Prof. Nitin Kulkarni - November 7, 2013
- Logistics Important Questions 2013 by Prof. Nitin Kulkarni - November 7, 2013