In buying decisions many times other people also influence the decision. In services these roles are played by many persons. In purchase of any service six distinct roles are played
- Initiator : The person who has a specific need and proposes to buy a service
- Influencer : The person or group of persons whom the decision maker refers to or who advice the decision maker.
- Gate Keeper : The person or organization or promotional material, which act as filter on the range of services which enter the decision choice
- Decider : The person who makes the buying decision
- Buyer : The person makes the actual purchaser
- User : The actual user.
For example if a sales executive wants to do a market tour …….
His boss may be the initiator
The travel agency may act as a Gatekeeper
The finance department may be the influencer
The administrative department the buyer
The executive the user. In this case the user may have no role in the buying process. Hence while targeting a customer the service provider may have to influence other persons.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019