Name – Jyoti Pandey
College Name – Royal College of Science & Commerce
Course Name – BMS
Rank in TY SemV :1st
Percentage: – 64%
Grade : A
1) Tell us about yourself?
I am from commerce background and because of which I was very clear about pursuing career in bms as I thought this was the best course in my stream.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
I was surprised to know that I had stood First. I am happy to be among the toppers. Through tybmssem v my dream of being first came true.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
My faculty, parents, friends, myself & all those who have encouraged and motivated me have contributed to my success.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
To be very honest, it was not since the first day that I started studying. But yes, I did my bit everyday… as simple as completing assignments on time, attending lectures regularly and practicing thoroughly!
5) How did you study for Sem V?
Basically my learning style is bit different. After reading a concept I write it in my own words which make me understand the concept in much efficient manner.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
Sem 5 has quite interesting subjects. My easy subjects are HRM, FM & Business Ethics.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
It is important to write the paper in point format along with it need to draw appropriate diagram of pointers. Leave a line after every point and make your paper look presentable.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
Before attempting case study need to read it minimum twice or thrice & should set time limit for attempting the case study. Because case study consumes maximum time than any other question. After reading it need to think about two to three concepts which can be linked with the case study & start attempting it.
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
Yes I drew diagrams for all subjects. It is not mandatory to draw diagram. You can present your answers well with the help of diagram as it helps to score more & for better paper presentation.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
I do not believe in framing time tables. I do what I feel like doing but also ensure all subjects are done on time.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
As my hobby is hanging out with friends whenever I had mood swings & distractions I would spend quality time with my friends, listen to music I like most & last but not least sleep for some time which gave me a good break & refreshment.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
I would change the syllabus with balance in theory & practical subjects. Also avoid repetition of concepts which has extended the curriculum for three years which can be winded in 2 years. The left out one year of degree would be complete practical knowledge may be internships, iv’s & meeting experienced people from all respective subject.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
I believe in most popular saying “Where there is a will there is a way” as it says if one really wants to achieve something they have ways open for them. Just have faith in yourself & never dishearten by failure.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
Entire year has been a transition for me and I have seen myself improving all through it. The key is to take up challenges confidently and let opportunities make way.
15) Your feedback for BMS.co.in?
Bms.co.in helped me to enhance my subjective knowledge .all the imp questions, practice paper, last minute updates of respective subjects helped me a lot.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019