(1) Section I: All the questions are compulsory
(2) Section II: Attempt any three out of five questions.
(3) Figures to the right indicate marks.
(4) Answers must reflect in each Management Thoughts and Philosophy
(1) Explain briefly the following concepts (any five): (10)
(a) Ethical dilemma
(b) The four varnas
(c) Bliss (Ananda)
(d) Social Audit
(f) Service Attitude
(g) Self Motivation
(2) Case Study: (20)
Sarita is a software engineer working with ABC technologies Ltd. at Mumbai. She was thrilled to receive a job offer for a senior position in California U.S.A. from their competitor XYZ System Ltd. whom she greatly admired both as Industry Leader and as an Ideal Employer. The position that was offered was just what she wanted.
She discussed the matter with her husband Dr. Vivek, with whom she got married about a year back. Dr. Vivek raised couple of questions in this connection:
(a) ABC Ltd. has invested heavily on her training both in India and USA.
(b) She being a driving force behind a huge project of ABC, her quitting could put the whole project in jeopardy.
(c) She had assembled a team of professionals who will feel left out in case she decides to leave ABC.
On family front it was not possible for Dr. Vivek to leave Mumbai as he was having a well established medial practices here. Therefore, they will have to practically live as forced bachelors.
(1) What should Sarita do? Is it normally wrong to leave the present job? (5)
(2) Will she be disloyal to the team members whom she had bought together? (5)
(3) Is there any clash between career development and family life for woman professionals? (5)
(4) Create a tabular chart to facilitate decision making involving issues such as loyalty, morality, professional growth, family life etc (5)
(3) In your view which leadership theory is most effective in India? Explain. (10)
(4) How does stress affect performance? How it can be controlled through yoga and meditation? (10)
(5) What are different types of conflicts? How do they arise and what are the methods of resolving them? (10)
(6) What are the essential differences in management practices between traditional organizations and modern organizations? (10)
(7) Short notes on any two: (10)
(a) Productivity improvement through IMTP
(b) Organizational culture
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019