1) What are the important things to remember while solving an HRM and Entrepreneurship Exam?
- First thing to do is mark the questions which one is going to answer.
- Secondly start writing paper in a systematic way.
- Every answer should be balanced. Manage your time properly.
- Every answer should be systematically written.
- Go for point-wise answers where points are written & underlined and explained further in short.
- Never leave any question. Many times students write starting answers in too detailed way whereby they don’t get time for last question.
- Last answer is generally somehow written because of insufficient time. Now with new paper pattern, last question is a case study.
- Don’t miss out case study because you can write it in your own ways and they are just application based questions. You have to apply your analytical skills and solve it.
2) What are the recommended textbooks for Entrepreneurship and HRM?
Generally students prefer to use Vipul Publication since they are only exams oriented. Ofcourse they are good but I personally feel students should not depend only on 1 publication. Sometimes some topic is missed out in one so better refer one more publication atleast. Even RPH publication is good. If possible go for reference books too.
Don’t miss to check:
- HRM Syllabus
- Entrepreneurship Management Syllabus
3) How to solve Case studies in HRM and Entrepreneurship? Any format to be followed?
- Students can start with writing facts and analysis of case before they start with answering the questions asked in the case. These facts and analysis could be short points.
- For solving the case study questions, I believe it is purely on one’s analysis of solving the case. Students differ from each other in ways of handling situations. So solutions are surely going to differ. But if possible link / relate the question with theory knowledge and try to answer them but ofcourse solutions should be realistic and rational.
4) Any specific writing style to be adopted while writing answers?
- All questions in BMS are for 7.5 marks in case of first 4 questions. Only in last question there can be 5 marks questions.
- While writing answers, give brief introduction and then come to the main answer.
- Write point wise answers rather than paragraph way since it becomes easier for the examiner to check. Underline the point and start with explanation as well.
- Many times students just give points without any explanation which is not right. Maybe they fall short of time or whatever but please focus on way of presentation also. Write neatly i.e. in good handwriting with less cancellations etc.
- As far as number of pages are concerned, I believe there is no such standard form. One student with big handwriting may use more pages and on the other hand the student with smaller handwriting may use lesser pages. I strongly believe answer should be complete in all aspects instead of focusing on number of pages, I would emphasize on quality rather than quantity.
- Examples are surely required in answers to support the theory part.
5) Any important chapters / topics for Entrepreneurship and HRM?
- All units are important since every module has 15 marks. No module can be left out.
- Moreover case study can be on any unit, so don’t omit any unit from preparations.
Lastly I would like to say that students shouldn’t stress themselves during the most important part of their BMS journey. All the best for your exams. God bless you all!
By Prof. Anita Agrawal
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019