Dassault Rafale is a French twin engine fighter plane. Rafale intends air supremacy, interdiction, reconnaissance, and nuclear strike missions. Facts that you didn’t know
- Its first flight was on 4th July 1986 but its introduction was on 18th May 2011
- Till date (i.e. October 2014) 133 such air-crafts have been built.
- The program costed €45.9 billion (US$62.7 billion).
- Its HistoryIn the 1970 the french wanted to replace their air-crafts with the intention for decreasing their development cost and enhance their sales, so they entered into a contract with four other European countries for fighter planes but due to disagreements over distinct requirements and sharing of work-space so France ended up perusing its own development program.
- The air-crafts were supposed to be in service in 1996 but due to budget issues after cold war this couldn’t be possible.
- Rafale C single-seat land-based version
- Rafale C twin-seat land-based version and
- Rafale M single-seat carrier-based version.
- The Rafale is being produced for both the French Air Force and for carrier-based operations in the French Navy
- India, France Agree to Finalize Rafale Deal by Spring
- French defence minister to visit India amid deadlock in project for 126 Rafale fighters
- Several upgrades to the weapons and avionics of the Rafale are planned to be introduced by 2018.
To know more watch the video below
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015