Did You Know?
1. Tokyo was originally known as Edo.
2. Titanic was built in Belfast.
3. Hawaii was known as Sandwich Islands.
4. Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine.
5. Tennis was played with bare hands initially.
6. London was the first city to reach 1 million.
7. First Burger King was opened in Florida Miami in 1954.
8. First English dictionary was written in 1755.
9. Paper originated from China.
10. Australia was originally called New Holland.
11. Internet was initially called ARPANet (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network) designed by US department of defense.
12. Word “TESTIFY” from the time men were made to swear on their testicles.
13. The Olympic flag was designed in 1913.
14. Doorbell was invented in 1831.
15. Instant coffee was invented in 1901.
16. New York was once called New Amsterdam.
17. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors.
18. Diet coke was introduced in 1982.
19. There is no proof as to who built the Taj Mahal.
20. Golf balls were made of leather and were stuffed with feathers till 1850.
21. It took 10 years for Leonardo Da Vinci to paint Mona Lisa.
22. England’s Stonehenge is over 5000 years old.
23. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely!
24. The Amazon Rainforest produces half the world’s oxygen supply.
25. 8.5 million tons of water evaporates from the Dead Sea every day!
– Saloni Tolia
Latest posts by BMS (see all)
- Can a SYBMS student change specialisation in TYBMS? - June 15, 2016
- Board Papers Not Leaked says Mumbai University. No Re-exam 🙂 - April 25, 2016
- How To Contribute And Write Articles on BMS.co.in ? - March 4, 2016