Many developing countries continue to struggle under the grips of extreme poverty. The trends in globalization and economic transition have had both a bright and dark side. Certain countries have been left behind by or out of the entire process, and in others, the gulf between the rich and poor has widened. As a result of this they are in a constant need of funds and other forms of assistance to develop them. The assistance provided for this purpose from one country to another is termed as ODA.
Previously it was granted to a country that needed to rebuild itself after the war. ODA came in the form of infusions of aid from the international community, ODA is a vehicle through which countries strive to cultivate a sound international environment and promote ties of goodwill with other countries ODA was instrumental in helping lay essential infrastructure and in other ways set the stage for the economic takeoff of developing countries. ODA can serve as a vital diplomatic tool for to help create a desirable international climate and promote closer ties with other states. The main goals of ODA can be included in following points:
- Providing humanitarian assistance for the purpose of attaining global prosperity and development.
- Tackling Global Issues such as global environmental degradation, the population explosion, the food and energy crises, AIDS and other infectious diseases, to drug abuse, terrorism, crimes against international society, and now financial turmoil.
- Creating a harmonious environment of security in terms of ensuring peace and security for the human race and the world at large,
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019