1) HRM have to select people whom they think can be effectively trained to work under different environment and culture as organisations nowadays have to operate in many countries.
2) Attrition rate is on the rise with around 20-25% of the people leaving the job every year.
3) Keeping the morale of the employees high is becoming a big challenge since the companies keep on restructuring their operations which is likely to displace many people of their jobs.
4) Labour laws of different countries vary. The HR department has to acquaint themselves with these laws so that labour variation does not take place.
5) Many women are now joining the workforce. It is necessary to have a cell which will look in to the issues pertaining to women..
6) Stress level is very high amongst the employees nowadays as they are often faced with deadlines, targets etc.HR department has to undertake continuous counselling to reduce this stress.
7) Technological changes are taking place very fast. The skills of the employees have to be upgraded continuously.
8) People employed may be from different countries. It is necessary to create conditions which are conducive for them to work.
9) Many organisations as a part of corporate social responsibility are employing people having different abilities. .
10) It is necessary to look after the career development of employees..
11) Many companies in order to be lean and thin are retrenching people by offering them golden hand shake.
12) Nowadays in order to retain talented employees many organisations are developing flexi compensation plans where the employees are given an option to select any plan out of the many plans offered.
13) Compensation to be offered to the CEOs is also an issue which can create controversies..
14) Performance appraisal of the employees has to be undertaken continuously..
15) For recruitment, a transfer, promotions etc. criteria has to be laid down.HR department has to ensure that these criteria are fair, transparent and easy to implement.
16) Handling layoffs due to outsourcing is not easy and needs proper counselling which HR department has to undertake.