Ralph Lauren once said, “I don’t design clothes, I design dreams.” Clothes define our appearance, our personality, our character and in brief they define us. They help us feel confident and give us the muscle to face the worldly dreary dramas with admiring dexterity. But who gives the boost to find the real you, these are the fashion connoisseurs who are better known as fashion designers who lead the entire human race towards beauty, elegance, modernism and simply being fabulous. So here is my list of top 10 fashion legends of all time but the list definitely does not end here and there are many more legends like Karl Lagerfeld, Oscar de la Renta, Yves Saint Laurent, Pierre Cardin etc. so bear with me thank you.
1) Coco Chanel- Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, an excellent French fashion designer and founder of the Chanel brand. The only fashion designer to be voted by the Time magazine under the list of the 100 most influential people of 20th century. She was known for her modernistic appeal, practical design and expensive simplicity thus setting a new trend of casual and chic apparel.
2) Giorgio Armani- An awesome Italian fashion designer particularly noted for his menswear is renowned for his clean tailored lines. He has been credited as the most famous designer from Italy. He formed his company Armani in 1975 with an annual turnover of about $1.6 billion and a personal fortune of about $8.5 billion.
3) Calvin Klein- Born in New York in 1942, Klein is an outstanding American fashion designer of all times. He has also capitalized on his own glamour and his lean good looks. Launched Calvin Klein Inc. in 1968 which is now renowned not only for clothing but fabulous range of perfumes, watches and jewelry.
4) Christian Dior- An excellent French fashion designer born in 1905 was known for his distinctive new look silhouette. His dresses revolutionized the way women dressed after the Second World War. Dior founded his fashion house in 1947, backed by Marcel Boussac, a cotton fabric maganate. Even today John Galliano carries on the legendry designer’s legacy in Paris and has ensured that the brand remains strong and viable in today’s world.
5) Manish Malhotra- One of India’s most successful fashion designers, Malhotra has designed for many leading actresses in Bollywood. He is known in the Indian film industry for his different style and his ability to envision a ‘look’ for the character. He is known for designing the costumes for Urmila Matondkar in Rangeela. He has won many accolades for his work like Stylish Designer of the Year at the Elle Style Awards in 1999, Indo American Society Award for contribution to Fashion Designing etc.
6) Louis Vuitton- Louis Vuitton Malletier, commonly referred to as Louis Vuitton or shortened to LV, is a French fashion house founded in 1854 by Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton is one of the world’s leading international fashion houses; it sells its products through standalone boutiques, lease departments in high-end department stores, and through the e-commerce section of its website. The Louis Vuitton label was founded by Vuitton in 1854 on Rue Neuve des Capucines in Paris, France.
7) Donatella Versace- An Italian fashion designer and current vice president of the Versace Group, as well as its chief designer. After the murder of Gianni in 1997, she took over and has taken the Versace name to new heights. She made sure that Versace shops would cater to the different fashion centers around the world, particularly Milan and New York.
8) Dolce and Gabbana- An Italian luxury industry fashion house. The company was founded in 1985 in legnano by Italian designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. It specializes in luxury items influenced more by designers and is more formal and ‘timeless’, responding to long-term trends as well as seasonal changes. Sunglasses and corrective eyewear, purses, cosmetics and watches are also sold in these extravagant houses.
9) Ralph Lauren- Born in New York, Lauren is an American fashion designer, philanthropist, and business executive, best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation clothing company, a global multi-billion-dollar enterprise. He has also become well known for his collection of rare automobiles. In 1970, the first Polo logo was seen in Lauren’s line of women’s suits that was designed in the classic men’s style. Two years later, the famous short sleeve shirt with the Polo emblem appeared, and it soon became a classic.
10) Victoria Beckham- Victoria Caroline Beckham is an English businesswoman, fashion designer, model and singer. She rose to fame with the all-female pop group spice girls and was dubbed Posh Spice by the July 1996 issue of the British music magazine Teen of the pops. Beckham’s eponymous label was launched in September 2008 in a low-key presentation. In November 2011, Victoria Beckham won Designer Brand of the Year at the British Fashion Awards.
Latest posts by Shabnam Mukadam (see all)
- List of 5 Hollywood Couples Who Split Up For Good - January 20, 2015
- Top 3 Mock-tail Recipes That You Can Easily Make At Home - January 13, 2015
- The Amazing Quick Recipes : How To Make A Chocolate Walnut Cake - January 13, 2015