- Bajaj Auto Ltd. offered a scheme of taking home a scooter at Rs 999 was a sales promotional offer communicated through effective advertising and was essentially a pull strategy.
This strategy may require little promotional efforts from the resellers except to stock input the product on shelves.
A pull strategy is appropriate when
- The product demand as high.
- It is possible to differentiate the product on the basis of real or emotional features,
- Brand consumers show high degree of involvement in the product purchase,
- There is reasonably highly brand loyalty and consumers make brand choice decision before they go to the store.
If a firm decides to use push strategy, its efforts are directed at resellers and the manufacturer becomes very dependent on their personal selling abilities and efforts. The promotional efforts are focused at pushing the product through the distribution channels; the resellers may be required to display, demonstrate and offer discounts, to sell the product. The communication to resellers is generally through trade circulars or the sales force.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019