If you are in BMS Sem I and Sem III, you are allowed to get 6 or 7 KTs (depending on the subjects in the semester) for going to the next BMS Sem II and Sem IV respectively.

But when you go from First Year (Sem II) to Second year, you are allowed to have only 2 KTs.

Same case if you go from Second Year (Sem IV) to Third Year, you are allowed only 2 KTs.

If you are in TYBMS Sem 5, you are allowed 6 KTs to go for Sem 6. But if you don’t clear all the KTs of Sem 5 and previous years, you would fail in your Final Year Exams!

This is applicable as per the new rule of Mumbai University.

P.S. If the information is not accurate, please comment and rectify the mistake.

The following two tabs change content below.
We, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to [email protected]
75 Comments
  1. nitish pandey 9 years ago

HEY MY FRIEND GOT 3 KT IN SEM 2 OF FYBMS IS HE PASSED OR FAIL………..WHAT SHOULD HE DO NOW

• Rahul Vaid 5 years ago

Hello..

My question is how many kt’s are allowed for a student to not repeat the third year .??

I am not even sure if they ask you to repeat the third year..

I have 1 kt of 4th sem , 1 kt of 5th sem for which I will be giving my exams soon .. but I am not sure I will pass in that ..

my 6th sem exams are coming soon..

In total I have 2 atkts combining my 4th and 5th semester

I dont want to repeat the third year and want to know if i have these 2 atkts and if i get more in 6 th sem .. den will i be asked to repeat..

Reason for so many kt’s is my job..

Waiting for your reply..

BMS Team 5 years ago

For SY max 2 KT in EACH sem.For TY max 2 KT in either SEM 1 nd 2 each OR max 2 KT in SEM 3 nd 4.For TY either FY or SY should be without KT.

• sunil yadav 1 year ago

he is fail

2. rj 9 years ago

hey i am in 4 th sem n havin fybms 2nd sem kt in maths, will i be able to carry it in tybms 5th sem if i clear all subjects in sybms 4th sem

3. lalit pawar 9 years ago

hey i got 4 kt in second sem
    can i give bms privately without reapiting 1st year?

4. karan 8 years ago

My sem 4 results wer out last month ..u hav 2 kts in sem 3 yet pending and now I got two kts in sem 4 ..in total how many kts can I carry into 5 th sem ..u said two are allowed
    Does it mean two from each sem are allowed ?

5. rutuja 8 years ago

hey i am already into an MBA college….. n after admissions i found out that i got an unexpected kt in international finance in sem 6…..so am i still allowed to continue my mba or will they remove my admissions?? can u plz guide me in dis case

6. Author
    parv 8 years ago

Well, it depends on the college. Mostly colleges say that you need to clear the ATKT exams and then only u can start with your MBA career. Contact your college and enquire. They won’t cancell the admission but maybe they would postpone your joining dates.

7. yogesh 8 years ago

hw many times we cn attmpt 4 kt examination of 1 sub. . . . .i had given 3 exams of ssf . . .stil m nt sure k i vl pass plz help me wht cn i do nw plz

8. sid 8 years ago

i have failed again in one subject of sem6 revised exams(kt) held on october 2011.so when will be the next k.t. exam date of sem 6?

9. sohnia 8 years ago

i got 5 kt’s in sem 3 bt da colg din allow me 2 sit 4 sem 4 n i gt drop in sem 3 my 1 yr gt wasted…

10. jai 8 years ago

koi ni yaar hota hai ….
    study hard , keep following bms.co.in
    BEST OF LUCK

11. anonymous 8 years ago

kt system of bms shub b removed

12. aman 8 years ago

wat to do if we failed in 2 sem or have more than 2 kts in bms second sem plz can we appear for 2 year doirectly or we have to wait for whole year endind plz reply to me plz plz plz…. its about my future

BMS Team 8 years ago

as soon as u clear those 2 subjects, you can appear for sem 3. if you dont clear those 2 subjects then you have to wait for 1 year

13. amaan 7 years ago

Hi m amaan and m having 2sem kt in math and i cleard my sybms can i go for tybms or not plz rply

14. Kunal shah 7 years ago

I have 2 KTs in my Fybms sem 1 will I be allowed and promoted to sybms

BMS Team 7 years ago

You need to clear all KTs of FYBMS to get into SYBMS

15. ANISH 6 years ago

i have failed in accounts of sem 1kt exams,am i eligible to go to 3rd year?pls rply i am worried..adding i dnt have any kts in 2 sem

BMS Team 6 years ago

You need to clear all the ATKTs of sem 1 to appear in sem 3.

16. sujay shetty 6 years ago

If I fail in 3 sub in first sem in fybms and pass in all in second sem can I able to sit in sybms

17. yash 6 years ago

I am failing in tybms sem 5 in 4 subject will i be allowed to seat for sem 6 nd whts the sollotion

BMS Team 6 years ago

yes. clear the KTs in april atkt exams so that you can clear your sem 6 too.

18. Jayesh 6 years ago

hey i hav 1kt in fybms (sem II), i want to change the collg, m i aligabil for changing the colg…??
    plz help

• mukesh 5 years ago

I got 2 kts in sem 2 .. Can i go to 2nd year ?

BMS Team 5 years ago

19. Asad Shaikh 5 years ago

Hi, i am a fybms student i hav got 6 kt in the 1st sem cause of my health problems and now i am havi g my 2nd sem exams and i am nt prepared i can study and pass the kt and in mostly in 4 subjects of second sem so i am thinking of repeating the 1st year so that i can have a good result from the start is it ok? Plzz ans

BMS Team 5 years ago

Yes, that’s fine if you are confident that you will repeat the year and work hard to get good grades.

20. vinay singh 5 years ago

hi I have 3 kt of 1 sem… n I m afraid tht I m going to hv some kt in 2 sem also… smhw I manage to hv onli 2 kts in end… can I change d colg.? or cn I give it frm another colg? bcoz traveling is effecting on my studies n d colg environment… plz help

21. kuljeet 5 years ago

I got 5 kt in first sem due to
    Medical reason now
    I will have to stay in first year can I go to second year

Now

BMS Team 5 years ago

You will have to clear all kts to appear for the second year exams

BMS Team 5 years ago

You can go in second year, but clear all the kt exams.

22. mukesh 5 years ago

I got 2kts in sem 2
    Can i go to 2nd year or i hv to first pass my kts ?

23. Rahul Vaid 5 years ago

Hello..

I am not even sure if they ask you to repeat the third year..

my 6th sem exams are coming soon..

In total I have 2 atkts combining my 4th and 5th semester

Reason for so many kt’s is my job..

Waiting for your reply..

24. shruti kamble 5 years ago

I gave my 2nd sem and 4th sem exam of atkt, what if i pass in 2nd sem so can i take admission for 4th sem from other college.
    or you help me out on this im totally confused now

25. annie ryan 5 years ago

I have missed my 1 exm in sem 2 n also have 3 kt’s in sem 2 vl I be able to go to 2nd year.. plss reply

BMS Team 5 years ago

You need to clear the KTs before you appear for semester exams of second year

26. kav 5 years ago

I got cross atkt if I clear it in oct ,can I give my ty in march

27. premanand 5 years ago

I am in fy BMS and i have total 6 kt so can i go in sy

28. Ankita 4 years ago

Hey…
    I have 3kts in first semi therefore i want to ask u that when the KT examz conduct becoz I’m worried that I will lost my 1yr
    Plzz plz reply me…
    Its my future…

BMS Team 4 years ago

Please contact your college admin regarding the dates as every college has its own academic calendar for fy and sy exams.

29. Suraj Bavlekar 4 years ago

I Failed in FYBms I have many KT. Now Can I Change The Collage and Do FYBms Again Frm Another Collage. What are the Requirements.
    Please Help As Soon As possible

30. Roy 4 years ago

Hey… I got one kt in sem 2 and one in sem 3. So now I am dropped out of college. Iam not eligible for Tybms. So, can i appear for correspondence for tybms?

BMS Team 4 years ago

As per our knowledge, there is no correspondence or direct entry to get into TYBMS. You will have to clear all the semesters of first year and second year successfully without any KTs to get into TY.

31. Rahul poojary 4 years ago

Can i change d college if i hav 2 kts aftr 1 year ?
    plz rply i m very confused

• Kartik Raichura 4 years ago

Some colleges don’t admit students who have kt…like SIES.

Some colleges do. Get in touch with the bms course co-ordinator or principal of the college where you want to take admission.

32. nazia 4 years ago

I am in fybms any o got 2 kt in extrnal in 1 sem and 1 kt in internals and now if i get 3 kts in sem 2 will i b allowed to go to second year plz reply m vry much scared

33. naman 4 years ago

I have 3 kts in internal exams in sem 4, is it necessary for me to take a year drop, can i not take the exam to clear the kt right away?

• Kartik Raichura 4 years ago

Unfortunately Naman, you are not eligible for admission according to university rules.

34. Kamlesh 3 years ago

Hi
    I have kt in fm in 5th sem nd i have not participate in kt exams so when i participate for pass out my kt
    Plsssss help me

35. Kamlesh mehta 3 years ago

I am in tybms…if i get a kt in 5th sem when will be the kt exams be conducted?

36. princy 3 years ago

hiiii i got kt n 2nd & 4th semi kt,……. n accounts…..
    can i eligible to take admission n tybms or without wasting my 1 year i give private direct tybms n classes any ……..i m to upset bzz of the 2 kt i didnt get the or i dont get to complete my tybms ……..fr that the reason i m to upset plzzz as fast as possible rply me….. i m to upset

37. anant 3 years ago

Hi
    i passed all the first 5 sems without a kt.. but in 6th sem I flunked in a subject.
    now when will I be able to give reexam and by when will the reexam b conducted?

38. ashish koshy 3 years ago

I hadMy semester 1 all clear and 4 Kt in semester 2.. so i had a drop now i cleared 3 of them.. am i now eligible to second year or is that a double drop?

39. Nisarg 3 years ago

I am doing BMS from a college in south mumbai. I am in FYBMS. I want to do SYBMS privately but want to know what are the rules for privately giving BMS. And when to register for SYBMS (private) and where is the process of registration held?

40. Dhiraj 2 years ago

I’m in TyBms, and I have 1 Kt in 3rd sem, which is not yet cleared.
    As I’m giving the 5th sem exams now, so if I’m getting Kt in all the 6 subjects.
    Then will I be eligible for 6 sem.

41. Neha 1 year ago

I have kt in sem 1 yet not clear and now 4sem 1kt i had can I take admmision in 3rd year

42. Tabish khan 1 year ago

I have 4 kts in first sem n second sem both can i clear these kts n appear for third year from mumbai university or correspondance

43. swati 1 year ago

Hi, I have 1 kt in 6 sem so when will b the kt exam?

44. Dhvani 1 year ago

I have kt in OR subject i got 18 marks so can i give it for revaluation or i have to give kt exam?

45. jeelu antony 1 year ago

hey .. i hav got my tybms results i hav got all O grades expect in OR subject i got failed. i have given the paper for revaluation . still if i have to give kT exam will i be able to join for MBA next year june ?? please do kindly reply

46. Pavneet 1 year ago

My question is if I have 1 kt in sem 1 and I’m going to give the exam for it soon and I’m in 3rd year right just given my 5th sem exam if I don’t clear 1st 1 kt i.e business law so what is the scenario

47. Suhas 1 year ago

My Business Statistics Internal Examination didn’t went well, having a higher chances of not getting even 10 marks in internals out of 20 or 25, If I score around 30 in EXTERNAL out of 75 will i be not getting a KT…. And also if I get a KT when will that KT exam happen along with my Sem 2 examination or before sem 2 examination….If i get KT in internals will i be giving KT exam for 25 marks or 75 marks

48. Salman Muzaffar Khan 11 months ago

How much attempts are there for sem VI or year to clear atkt

49. Prathamesh gholap 10 months ago

I have KT in sem 6 and given it in nov. 2018 but still i don’t have result of it cound u tell me expected date of Sem 6 kt resultts

50. Kanishka mayekar 8 months ago