I love reading novels. Novels give you a feel of the characters, their pain, love, emotions which sometimes a movie fails to deliver it to its audience. I sometimes hate it when a movie releases which is based on a novel because if you have read the novel, then you have a lot of expectations from the movie and its characters. It’s not that every movie converted is not up to one’s expectations, in fact sometimes they are better than the books. Let’s have a look at some movie releasing this year which are based on books:
- The Fault In Our Stars: This one of my favorite novels by John Green. It’s about a girl named Hazel Grace who has terminal cancer and falls for Augustus Waters who also has cancer. Their journey is beautiful and let’s hope to see the same in the movie!
- All You Need Is Kill: This is a novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka about Keiji Kiriya, a recruit who fights against alien invasion and dies everyday to reborn the next! Things change when he meets a female fighter. The name of the movie has been re-titled to Edge of Tomorrow.
- If I Stay: This novel is New York’s best seller by Gayle Forman. This book is about a young girl who has lost all her memory in an accident at the age of 17 and tries to bring the bits of her memory back together. This movie might appeal Twilight lovers!
- The Gone Girl: As you might have interpreted from its title, it’s a novel by Gillian Flynn told from two perspectives- a husband whose wife goes missing and other from the missing wife herself!
- Where Rainbows End: This novel is again by one of my favorite authors, Cecelia Ahern. I loved her novel P.S I Love You. Where Rainbows End novel is about 2 best friends Rosie and Alex who are separated as teenagers when Alex’s dad shifts from Dublin to America. Rosie feels lost without him and plans to join him in Boston, but due to unwelcomed situations she cannot leave Ireland.
Hope these movies are as beautiful and interesting as their novels.
– Saloni Tolia.