- Tell us something about yourself?
Well, I had planned nothing for myself. Having diverse interests, both in Academics & Art, I always wasn’t sure, but I knew somewhere my life was around colors & ideas. I did my schooling from AFAC, Chembur & continued my Higher Education in SIES, Sion. Gradually my interests diverted more into Arts, realizing my right brain worked better. I then completed BFA in Commercial Arts from L.S.Raheja, Bandra, Mumbai with a good score. I started my career as a visualizer at Sphinx Communications, Mulund, and worked for almost 3 years. I was lucky enough to handle big brands in my early stage & that boosted my confidence a lot. Still I always wanted to do something on my own.
- Tell us something about your venture.
The White Boxx (TheWhiteBoxx.com), where colours intermingle, where ideas mesh against each other, where strategies converge, where brains buzz.
It’s not just advertising. It’s creativity that inspires attention.
We offer our services right from Indoor to Outdoor Advertising, Communication Solutions, Brand Identity, Print Medias etc.
TWBXX handles around 25 brands. To name a few, Mahindra Odyssea, BOB Cards, Ocean Blue, Idea Doodle Education, Luxus Yacht, Maharashtra Polymer Products along with Bollywood celebrities like Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor.
- What is your philosophy towards work?
Give your best, and the best will come to you.
- Whom do you admire as your role model? And why?
None in particular.
I always have looked for positive qualities from people around me and have got inspired from them in some way or the other.
- “Management is core to every individual, organization & society.” Give your views on it.
Yes, it is.
Management is an essential part of business, no matter you are an individual or small organization or a corporate, without proper management, you cannot grow.
- Name 3 qualities of prime importance that an entrepreneur should possess.
Commitment & Self-belief – Work hard, work madly.
Good Manager – Sometimes, you might have to manage many things at a time.
Persistent – Not all times would be good/bad for an entrepreneur.
- According to you, what are the challenges for Entrepreneurship today?
Well to be frank, it was tough in the start. It was like sacrificing the present for the future. But if one takes it as converting the small present benefits into big future joys, he can survive this race. For me, I never have accepted funding from others, and so have always been facing problems with multi-tasking. But at the end of the day, I laugh on it. Each day has something new to teach. But yes, planning in initial is a must!
- Can Entrepreneurship be taught in B-Schools/Management Institutes/Colleges?
Yes, theoretical knowledge & the dos & don’ts will surely help, but best lessons come when it is practically done.
- Do you think today’s economy is conducive for a new venture to start upon?
Any time is good to start new venture if you believe in yourself and your idea. But today’s era is a plus point, with an already built social online market.
- Is the Name of the Institute from where a student pursues his/her Graduation/Post Graduation or other courses important while setting up your business?
It may matter when you want to get a job but not when you want to establish your own venture. If you have an idea that sells, it doesn’t matter from where you have got education and what you have learnt.
- What qualities you see for apart from the required academic qualification while recruiting a person?
Confidence & one who believes in self.
- “Earning more & more is the motive behind any business.” Is it justifiable?
Money is the sole reason behind any business. If there is no motive of earning money, then it’s not business.
It matters on a person or an organization about how they want to make money.
A person or organization may earn less if they want to follow right way and work ethically.
- Share with us the most enjoyable & most embarrassing moment you had experienced on work.
When your client still counts on you for the next job, its precious.
It is embarrassing when your client gets quote for some service lower than what you offered. I know the catch as in quality will be inferior if you pay less but it is always difficult to convince or explain customer.
- Your feedback for BMS.co.in?
A very innovative & inspiring section. I am sure students will benefit a lot from this approach.
History- Started in May, 2011, self funded.
Products & Service- Graphic Designing, Logo/Brochure/Stationary Designing
Existing Market Presence- Mumbai, Pune
Future Plans- To set up a creative studio when people can think freely without any constraint and get best ideas out of their mind to help customer selling their products.
Latest posts by karan (see all)
- Latest Notification for MMS/MBA admissions 2014-16 - July 11, 2014
- 7 Reasons To Ensure You Do An MMS/MBA - July 7, 2014
- What is the difference between MBA and PGDM program? - July 6, 2014