- Tell us something about yourself
Graduated from Madras University with a Masters degree in Bio medical genetics. After couple of years in research, went on to teach Biotechnology at college level. Being creative, and having a strong desire to set up a business led me to what I am doing now.
- Tell us something about your venture.
Athena Hues is all about exclusive designer jewelry. It started as a hobby and slowly progressed towards being a commercial venture. It is every woman’s dream to own a collection of exclusive jewelry to match their favorite outfits. Athena hues focuses on exclusivity as each and every piece here is one of a kind. Also, our customers can get their jewelry custom made, by sending a picture of the outfit for which they want the jewelry.
- What is your philosophy towards work?
Do what you love and love what you do.
- Whom do you admire as your role model? And why?
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw , for her achievements in the world of biotechnology.
- “Management is core to every individual, organization & society.” Give your views on it.
Even the smallest jobs are not successful unless managed properly. Individuals, organizations or society cannot be successful without proper management strategies.
- Name 3 qualities of prime importance that a women entrepreneur should possess.
Dedication, perseverance and patience.
- According to you, what are the challenges for Women Entrepreneurship today?
I don’t see anything as a specific challenge for women entrepreneurship.
- Can Entrepreneurship be taught in B-Schools/Management Institutes/Colleges?
Yes, entrepreneurship can and should be taught in B-Schools.
- Is the Name of the Institute from where a student pursues his/her Graduation/Post Graduation or other courses important while setting up your business?
It does matter during the initial phase of setting up the business.
Do you think today’s economy is conducive for a new venture to start upon?
Yes, it is.
- “Earning more & more is the motive behind any business.” Is it justifiable?
Yes, every business is started with the motive of making money and aims at growing bigger with time.
- Share with us the most enjoyable moment you had experienced on work.
I do creative work and so enjoy every moment.
- Your message to the aspiring entrepreneurs?
Get started and keep going. Why work for someone else if you can be on your own?
Established in 2012. Started as a hobby few years ago and metamorphosed into a commercial venture.
To see Athena Hues as a brand, that women seek for all their fashion needs.
Products & Service-
As of now we are limited to handmade jewelry, but aspiring to widen it to a brand name for women’s needs.
Active Facebook page
Website (construction in process)
Stalls at fairs
Existing Market Presence-
The company has catered to needs of people in the length and breadth of the country
There are several customers from countries like USA, Dubai, Norway Israel and Ireland too
To make Athena Hues a globally known brand
To expand and cater to all dimensions of fashion