Teaching Hours and Assessment Pattern of Business Communication subject:
- Number of sessions of 90 minutes – 30
- Number of sessions of 90 minutes per week – 2
- Continuous Assessment – 40 I A
- Semester End Examination – 60 I A
- Total Marks – 100
- Duration of theory paper – 3 hours
- Number of credits – 2
The topics covered in Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Communication are as follows:
The topics covered in Unit 2 – Effective Communication are as follows:
- Concept and Practice of Effective Communication,
- Barriers to Effective Communication,
- Methods to Improve Effective Communication Skills.
The topics covered in Unit 3 – Written Communication Skills are as follows:
- Report Writing,
- Letter Writing,
- Preparation of Promotional Material with special reference to banks, insurance companies and joint stock companies.
The topics covered in Unit 4 – Oral Communication Skills are as follows:
- Understanding Audience,
- Use of Language,
- Use of Tone,
- Understanding Body Language.
The list of reference books of Business Communication is as follows:
- Effective Communication – Rai Urmila, Himalaya Mumbai
- Business Communication – Kaul, Prentice Hall India
- Basic Business Communication – Lesikar, TMH
- Business Communication and Personality Development – Das, Excel Books, Delhi
- How to Listen Better? – Pramila Ahuja and G. Ahuja, Sterling Publication
- Contemporary Business Communication – Scot, Biztantra
- Business Communication for Managers: An advanced approach – Penrose, Thomson Learning
- Business Correspondence – Whitehead G & H, A.H. Wheeler, Allahabad.