The do’s and don’t of a good press handout
- Do use clear, bold, easy- to- read type for printing. Provide for pictures, cartoons, photographs and puzzles or other items of entertainment.
- Do avoid monotony. Every issue should be different from the other not only in the substance of articles and features but, if possible, also in type of printing, color and layout.
- Do use journalistic language. The headlines should be attractive and eye catching.
- Don’t use pompous language and lengthy messages. Do not reproduce long messages and lofty advice from superior officers or outsiders. Summaries what they have to say in simple, lucid, language. Never talk down to the reader.
- Do make the organ “theirs”. The employees should feel that the organ represents them their views and is not a mere propaganda agent of the management.
- Do use humor. The tone of the writing should be friendly and, were possible, humorous. It should never be “preachy” as most people resent such an attitude. Avoid sarcasm or downright ridicule of anyone connected with the organization.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019